Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
3 Weeks after d&c- advice please!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I had a miscarriage and a subsequent D&C 4 weeks ago. I've been feeling better (less hormonal) and was planning to begin trying to conceive again after my first cycle. Last Monday I began to feel a lot of weird pressure/aches in my lower abdomin, just as I had experienced when I initially found out I was pregnant last time. This prompted me to get a digital (high tech :-) pregnancy test and the results showed up positive (3 weeks after my d&c). I wasn't sure if this was residual hormones from my last pregnancy or a new pregnancy. My doctor said this was normal, that the hcg hormone can stay in you for 4-6 weeks, and the aches below were probably my ovaries "waking up." It's been a week and I still feel this weird ovarian pain. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I demand a blood test or something else from my doctor? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
Posted on 11/04/07, 06:16 pm
8 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Miscarriage. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/04/07  8:15pm
" I am 8 weeks post my m/c and I am still going through pregnancy pains. A few weeks ago I was still showing a small amount of HCG in my system, they said it was jsut left over from the m/c.

I would ask for a blood test to double check your HCG, that should give you more of an idea. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/04/07  8:24pm
" I would get a serum HCG checked. That will tell you. Then repeat in 3 days to see if it doubles or if it is the same. Then you'd know for sure. But having some residual is not out of the ordinary. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/05/07  2:47pm
" oh im glad you asked this
im 3 1/2 weeks past D&C and was fine and suddenly started getting stomach pains...were similar to pains i got at beginning of last 2 pregnancys. i thought i was startign period but it hasnt come (been having them a week or so) so guessing it isnt that.
i did pregnancy tests last week and got a positive reading, tho got some this last weekend and theyre showing negative. so i dunno.... i hope its normal...maybe it is just the ovaries... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/05/07  4:31pm
" It is so nice to know that I am not alone. I guess the body can do funny things after a miscarriage and subsequent d&c. I went for a blood test today to monitor my hcg levels and make sure they are going down appropriately. I'm not sure what to do about the pain, though. It's a constant physical reminder of the torture I have gone through. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/07/07  6:01pm
" I'm 5 weeks post D&C and my HCG levels are still not down (they just measured it at 83, which shows up quite clearly as "pregnant" on the home pregnancy tests). I can speak on good authority that there's no way it's because I'm pregnant again. No pains, though. I'm frustrated - I want to start trying again, but have to wait for this to go away... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/02/08  8:39pm
" I had D&C 5 weeks ago and my HCG was 629. I am waiting on the next HCG test to see what's going on. Nervouse, possibly excited that it could be new pregnacy. Any comments? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/02/08  8:40pm
" Maybe that was unclear. . . My HCG after 5 weeks is 629 "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/03/08  11:29am
" Hey, I understand your pain because after my two dnc's, I had alot of pain. I don't want to worry you, but I went to the dr. and when she did an ultrasound, she noticed that there were 'products of conception' left in my uterus. Again, I don't want to scare you but if you are having pain, please ask for this because if left untreated, it could be very dangerous. I hope that it is not that, and I hope you find your answers! Take care:) "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web