Back pain after miscarriage??
Hi Ladies,

I had a miscarriage four months ago and ever since, I have a bad back pain, especially my lower back. It gets worse when I'm close to my period. I ask my doctor and he tells me it's because of your fibroid but I had fibroid before too and it wasn't this bad. Did you or are you having this experience after your miscarriage?

Posted on 02/23/11, 11:42 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Miscarriage. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 02/23/11  9:44pm
" Yes. I just miscarried a month ago at seven weeks and my lower back has been hurting too ever since. I asked the doctor what it could be and she said...oh you're probably ovulating...hmmmm....I don't know but it hurts more at work and when I'm active. So I think this is common. "
Reply #2 - 02/24/11  10:02am
" Firs of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. When I'm ovulating, it hurts more obsessively but this is going on for the whole cycle. It just scares and upsets me a little cause it reminds me of the horrible night that I miscarried. I keep thinking that if the miscarriage didn't happen, I wouldn't be in this much pain. Now I'm going through surgery to remove my fibroids, let's see if that's going to effect my lower back pain. "
Reply #3 - 02/24/11  10:45am
" A miscarriage takes a big toll on your body, and it's probably still in the process of healing. It really depends on how far along you was when you miscarried. It probably could be the fibroids, but I've never had them so I'm not really sure. Make sure, also, that you don't have a kidney infection. I really think my back problems has something to do with me being overweight too and I am on my feet at work for 8 hours a day. "
Reply #4 - 02/24/11  12:33pm
" Yes! you are right. I was 15 weeks pregnant and they were twins but I lost the first one in 8 weeks. So I guess it can relate to that too. "
Reply #5 - 02/25/11  9:08am
" Last December I had a D&C. It was a missed miscarriage. I was supposed to be 11 weeks but my baby had stopped developing at 7 weeks 3 days. Since then I have 2 periods. The first one was very painful and heavy. I had horrible lower back pains and lasted for about 10 days. I was taking ibuprofen for the pain.
I'm just finishing my second cycle and the only day I had lower back pain was the first day but it went away once I went to bed at night. I didn't even take any medication or anything. It seems like this second time around my cycle lasted 6 days which is good because before my miscarriage my cycle lasted about 5 days. I'm not sure if the back pain has anything to do with being overweight or not because I'm in pretty good physical health and I still had it. But just like jalifilo91, when I'm more active it's when it hurts. "
Reply #6 - 02/25/11  1:52pm
" It's just very unfortunate that we all have to go through this pain. Thank you for your posts and I'm so sorry for your losses. Wishing you ladies all the best. "
Reply #7 - 02/25/11  5:34pm
" i have this too, i had a chat with my doctor about it, she says because i have been pregnant before (carried to term) my body changes faster when pregnant, it knows what to do so your back changes shape, you get a tummy earlier etc. She said it can take time for my back to straighten up again after the pregnancy/miscarriage. Maybe this is the case for you? "
Reply #8 - 02/26/11  7:25pm
" Maybe! and I'm also so sorry for your loss. "
Reply #9 - 02/27/11  10:58am
" My back has been hurting more here lately but I think AF is on it's way...I haven't had one since I m/c the end of January. But I happened to be pushing on my lower abdomen last night and felt a round knot right above my pubic bone :/ So is that a "fibroid"???? I'm scared now! It doesn't hurt when I push on it or anything....or It may just be fatty tissue...?! "
Reply #10 - 02/28/11  12:06am
" Did you have any ultrasound lately? It can be easily seen on ultrasound. You are not going to feel anything if they're small and it all depends on the location too. That might be a tissue or blood clot from your ovulation...and should goes away after your period. If it doesn't go away, ask your doctor for an ultrasound. "