How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
How often will I be able to talk to bf deployed?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My friend will be deployed to afghanistan. Im not sure if i'm able to say where he will be or what his job will be, but I was just wondering if any of you have had similar experiences where your loved ones have been deployed to afghan and if you could share how often you were able to call/skype/email, i'd really appreciate it, i'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect, so any and all information would be appreciated!
Posted on 04/20/12, 07:00 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Military Families. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/22/12  6:13pm
" My boyfriend was deployed to Iraq, I know it isn't afghanistan, but we were able to skype just about everyday. Also I had a friend in
Afghanistan and he was able to update his facebook about once every 2 weeks. I don't know if this helps much. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/24/12  2:35am
" My brother is in afgan, my best friend is over there too. I can skype with the bestie pretty much everyday. I get calls from my bro all the time. Depending on where they are its a little more relaxed. Hang in there, your friend will be alright :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/25/12  4:05pm
" Yes, my gf will be getting deployed soon, she says she will probably be able to talk to me everyday, but she also said she wouldn't know for sure until she gets over there. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/13/12  2:24pm
" My boyfriend was recently deployed to aghanistan. I was worried sick as for the first week he had a hard time talking to me. But now that his first week is over, I hear from him almost daily. He either calls me in the morning or sends me long emails. Don't worry. They are serving among the best of the best. Its freaking hard I know, but one thing you can't do is make it harder by being more of a burden than a blessing. Always remain positive! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web