Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Relpax
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi Friends, I awakened this morning at 2:00 a.m. with an at least 10.5 Migraine, I hate that pain sooo much. I took a Relpax and an Endocet and it helped I just wish there was a quicker and more permanent fix.
Posted on 01/14/10, 10:20 am
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Migraine Headaches. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/14/10  5:00pm
" No kidding. I do wish there were better prevention than "don't eat this" and "here, take this - makes you dizzy and spatial messed up? Oh well, so what - you don't have migraines, right?"

Relpax is a beautiful drug - it's the one I use for my level 8-10 ones. Only thing that helps those, honestly.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/16/10  1:28am
" Topamax is a preventative. It also helps you lose weight which is just an added bonus. So ask your docs about Topamax as it does work. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/16/10  10:12am
" I use Relpax too and I love it but at 2am, I would have to take 5 Ritz crackers with it and 7up (I think my doctor feels the soda will get it absorbed into my system faster). If I take that on an empty stomach I will sleep a lot the whole day. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/17/10  4:51pm
" Whats the difference between this drug Relpax and a drug like Maxalt?
I don`t think I`ve ever called a drug beautiful before.lol.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/18/10  10:08am
" All I can tell you is my doctor believe that Maxalt is not as strong and doesn't always help. In my medical notes he says if I use Maxalt then follow up later with Relpax if needed.

I thought he was crazy but I do find that Maxalt doesn't always kill the migraine for good. I take the Maxalt if I am some place where I can't get to water (church) or I can't be drugged all day. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/18/10  10:11am
" AngelButton,
In the migraine book it says that these abortive drugs (Relpax, Imitrex, Axert, Frova Maxalt etc.) are made to be used as soon as a migraine hits; not once it is really bad.

I had no idea except my doctor always said to take it immediately but I had no idea why. Apparently they are designed that way. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/19/10  11:13am
" I knew the abortive drugs were as needed. Relpax is beautiful because it helps my bad ones ;)

And topamax does not make you lose weight - not everyone, anyway! LOL! I gained on that sucker. It also made me dizzy, feeling weird, etc. Yeah, it stopped the migraine - but I knew I couldn't live on it! So I used my topamax time to get all triggers out of my system - like caffeine, nitrates/nitrites, fake sugars, etc. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/19/10  11:14am
" Oh - and I have different auras for my different migraines - my more severe ones I can tell at the outset, kwim? It's a whole different beginning if it's gonna be a nasty one, or if it's a more mild one... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/22/10  11:43am
" I tried the Topamax but unfortunatley I was one of those who really became dopey, it was actually very frightening. I am trying Verapamil now, I am thinking or maybe hoping that it may be making a tiny bit of a difference. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/23/10  12:40am
" HI!
Soooo sorry your not feeling well. One drug I use is Topamax. It is a pill that melts under my tounge and I take to advil with it. Now I know people that has even fast ways..nose spray for one...ask your doctor. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web