Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
After the Migraine ?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello Everyone! Got a question...does anyone on here ever feel drained, tired after the migraine is over? Like I feel I haven't slept in the 2 days since I had the migraine. Today, I feel tired and planning on a little snooze. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this as well.
Thank you, any info, response greatly appreciated.
Posted on 03/29/08, 12:26 pm
7 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Migraine Headaches. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/29/08  12:35pm
" Yes yes and yes.
After they are gone, I am useless to the world. I feel as if I ran a marathon. Body and mind are listless nearly. I feel like I have been ran over by a semi.

In talking to my long-term suffering mother in law (she's now 70s and gets them less frequently but when younger and working had them all the time and often ended up in emergency rooms for shots because she could not keep down any oral meds), she too feels drained post migraine. The pain takes a lot out of you.

If you take any meds, too, their aftermath is very strange. For example, Immitrax first gives me heart palpitations and anxiety, then cold sweats, then a feeling of being entirely drained out. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/29/08  1:12pm
" I always feel totally beat up after a migrain. Some of it is the backlash fron the medication some of it is from the migraine itself. If it was a really bad one it can take me a day or two to feel "right" again. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/29/08  11:00pm
" yes, i call it my migraine hangover. i get more tired than usual, and i have a very hard time focusing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/30/08  1:15pm
" Migraines have several phases. Prodrome, aura, headache, and postdrome.

The final stage is postdrome. After the migraine is finished, many people experience what is known as a migraine hangover. This can last for up to 48 hours.

depression
fatigue
impaired concentration
impaired comprehension "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/30/08  2:26pm
" I tend to feel like a zombie the day after, and hungover for a couple after. Everything aches - more than usual! and my eating goes crazy- i'm either starving hungry or eating nothing. I sleep lots, and drink lots of water, which is all i can really do. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/30/08  4:26pm
" Definitely. My auras weirdly usually last until after the pain and nausea is gone, so I often feel brilliant and tingly for like half an hour after all the grimness is gone, but then I'm virtually useless for 24-48 hours afterward. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/01/08  8:27pm
" Hi..Oh yes for sure that happens. When i get mine i have to sleep them off or it just lingers around. I get very tired and i cant function. The other major problem i have with the after effects of a migraine is short term memory loss. I take meds daily to help control the migraines. Hope you find your remedy. hugs "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web