Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
MRSA in lungs
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My question goes out to everyone.. have any of you had MRSA in your lungs.. I just found out I am a carrier and I am currently sick with what they think is Bronchitis which is really no surprise I have had that many of times. But my dr says MRSA in the lungs presents as pnemonia and that is not the info I have found. so I was wondering if any of you have had in your lungs and if so how did it present? Thanks
Posted on 09/25/07, 01:09 pm
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for MRSA. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/28/07  7:52am
" As a health care provider i use to take care of pt. with respitory infections and they had positive sputum culturse for MRSA.

I would ask for a culture just to be on the safe side. I also have bronchitis for the second time in 3 months and fear there is more to it.

I wish you luck. Take care. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/12/07  3:50am
" Mine presented like broncitis.Had a real heavy feeling to my chest and it hurt to touch even though there where no lesions on my skin, it hung on forever.Finally got Avolox to kick it out on a 20 day course "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/12/07  2:09pm
" I have had two serious battles with staphyllucoccus pneumonia. One bout in 1998 which put me in a coma and on life support for two months and a reaccurance in 2000 with the exact same results. I know it was staphy, but I don't know if it was MRSA. I do know it was bad, and I was pronounced dead collectively more times than I want to remember. It was a true out and out fight for my life both times. I am now battling MRSA and have had the same concerns that you have, but I believe if it hits the lungs, you would definitely know it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/15/07  1:53pm
" I had systemic MRSA (in bloodstream) and pneumonia was one of multiple issues. I also had a heart attack and my bone marrow was impacted. When MRSA is in the bloodstream, it hits major organs, and one can die very quickly. It's very different than the MRSA skin infection. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/26/07  2:43pm
" my 11 month old grandson has mrsa in the lungs that caused pnemonia.he almost died 4 times in less than 2 weeks.we were told it was just a common cold with croup.he is now in the icu holding on for his life.PLEASE find out all you can about it being in lungs and ask all the questions you can think of.I hope you get better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/08/08  10:09pm
" I was wondering if you got the answers you needed. My step-father was hospitalized Christmas Day with pneumonia and tested positive for MRSA also. They said if he wouldn't have came to the hospital he would've died. Now I know they found the MRSA in his nose but I think it was in the lungs also. He is still very ill at home laid up on oxygen. I am wondering if you have had any success and can offer some advice? I am five months pregnant and am worried when I am around sometimes. I wash my hands and use the sanitizer on my way out the door though. I hope you are doing well and got the answers oyu needed... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/24/08  7:01pm
" I have HA-MRSA. For the past 2 years I have been in and out of the hospital with what the doctor's diagnosed as pneumonia. I constantly have spots that move around in my lungs. I had to have the middle lobe of my right lung removed in March 2008. At my pre-op I was told that all of my bloodwork was ok except that is showed MRSA. It was brushed off as no big deal. I was told that it just makes me resistant to some antibiotics. Now, 6 months later I keep getting sick. I constantly spit up this mucus that is yellow, brown or green. My family physician did a sputum culture and said it was MRSA. We have thought that my problem with my lung was due to living in an apartment with aspergillus mold but now I am wondering if the problem started wit MRSA. I first became sick in December of 2005. I had and tonsillectomy in November of 2005. I have suffered from the body aches, night sweats, cramps in my toes, plus many other symptoms that have been unexplainable. In October of last year I lost my voice for a month and nothing made it better until I took and antifungal medicine. I have been diagnosed with reflux but don't think I really have it. I saw an infectious disease doctor that did nothing....not even a sputum culture. My primary care physician did the culture and started me on Bactrim which has made me feel better than anything else. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/01/10  4:34pm
" 2 years ago I was diagnosed with pneumonia and 2 partial lung collapses. I then had a broncoscopy which showed MRSA but I was not advised of it. Several cases of pneumonia and lung collapse later I was sent to National Jewish Hospital in Colorado. It was there that I was told I had MRSA. I have had every test under the sun and no one knows what to do with me here in Ann Arbor!! I am ready to go back to Colorado! What a wonderful hospital. I am currently waiting for a cystic fibrosis DNA test to come back. The only thing that seems to help is a CF drug called pulmozyme. It has kept me off of non-stop antibiotics and steroids. It has been 2 years and I still can not exercise the way I used to but at least I have not been hospitalized in the last 6 months. Good Luck! Hope this helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/07/10  12:46pm
" Yes, my son has colonized MRSA pneumonia. BUT he has many other issues too. He is a vented quadriplegic and is immune compromised. He got it while inpatient for another type of pneumonia. He does a Tobramycin and Colistan treatment daily. One month he does Tobi, then the next he does Colistan. It keeps it from flaring but last August it did flare up and he was on IV antibiotics. Now, once its colonized, there is NO cure. But I did read there is a new cure for the skin MRSA. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/10/10  8:33am
" My quadriplegic son suffered from MRSA after the extended hospital stay for four months. A couple months later, I GOT IT. Huge painful blisters on my abdomen. I went to the docto and got the antibiotics but decided not to take them. I ordered PHENOMENAL water and gel and decided to try JUST THAT ALONE, to see if it worked. In 6 hours the pain was at about 50%. In three days there was maybe a 70% improvement, and in one week a 99% improvement. I am in such shock about it. It worked like a charm for me. I hope it will for others.

HOW IT WORKS: Our bodies and blood has become too acidic due to the ways we eat. mrsa and staph need an acidic environment in the blood in order to live. Also, MRSA produces a large amount of LACTIC ACID. So, with all that acid in the blood, we need to get rid of the HYDROGEN atoms (acidic, lower ph), and make our blood more alkaline (higher ph). The water has three molecules of water H6O3, but one hydrogen is taken out, thus rendering it H5O3. You dilute this and drink this- I drank 80 ounces per day. The unstable water molecules with one less hydrogen go into your body and bind the extra hydrogens to itself, thus pulling other hydrogens OUT OF YOUR BLOOD, and making you more alkaline. The topical cream is an alkaline skin gel, that sucks out the uric acid and lactic acid from the surface wound. These two processes STOPPED MRSA IN ITS TRACKS for me. And in 7 days I was back to normal. The dynamics of how this works all makes sense.

They have a 7 day sample for just $15.00 but I would NOT DO THIS unless you ALSO GET THE ALKALINE SKIN GEL.

There you have it. Hope it works for you as well as it worked for me. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web