Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Seizure
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My family member has MRSA that attached to her spine, e.g. on her bone. She is on Vanco and just had a full seizure. Does anyone know anything about MRSA and seizures? Thanks.
Posted on 09/17/09, 08:52 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for MRSA. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/18/09  10:15am
" It's probably impossible for any of us to say whether your family member had a seizure because of the vanco or because of the MRSA. I have a friend who ended up with an abscess in her spine too. I hope that the doctors are able to find out the cause of the seizure and prevent it from happening again. Keep us posted. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/03/09  1:29am
" yeah its possible im thinking not that I know for sure. When I was in the emergancy they told me to keep an eye on my MRSA cause it can easily go to the brain so with that said.........I'm thinking it could cause anything after it gets to the brain. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/06/09  8:19am
" Hi I too had my very first grand -mal seizure while at the hospital!! I had mrsa for the first time and was given doxy and rifampin well one or both of those drugs interfered with my heart meds and xanax, so i go to the hosp. feel like i'm dying and they give me benadryl,compizine(naseau) and I think toradol a pain med. and then it happened while I was asleep!!! Now I have another one a year later and I'm scared to take the tetracycline they gave me. cuz I dont know where or why this seizure came from "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web