Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Is my kid cooking meth in my basement?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Ok, so after stealing my car & wrecking it just over a week ago, I told my almost 21-yr-old that he has to get out when he gets his next paycheck next week.
So, today, I go down to the basement to be nice & do his laundry while he's at work. I find a couple of cigarette packs with tiny traces of weed & toss them. But then, I find several of my white handtowels with globs of this blue paste all over them. I also find 3 boxes of baking soda, several household cleaners (409, Simple Green, Ajax), and yes, he's had sinus problems, so I had given him Thera-flu, and Alka-Seltzer Cold Remedy. And there was also a small butane torch thing.
I don't know, but suspect he's trying to cook meth, from what I've heard. I'd like to hear from someone who knows more than me. Am I being overly suspicious, and overly imaginative? When I confronted him, he told me he'd been cleaning the ping pong table & even demonstrated, and it looked the same. That was last night...and I believed him & felt foolish & apologized to him...but this morning, I remembered finding a white plastic funnel all stained with bluish crystal-like paste. He's not here for me to confront with that, but I dug it out of the trash & will confront him when he comes home & see what response I get then.
Posted on 02/02/08, 04:48 pm
28 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Meth Addiction & Recovery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 02/08/08  9:29pm
" I guess the tourch was for melting the sugar and the baking soda was for flavor. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 02/08/08  10:28pm
" wow.. all i can say..

? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 02/09/08  10:38am
" Wow, 1st people said I was being overly imaginative; now they say I'm too naive. All the explanations made sense to me; I'm in the middle somewhere. I believe his explanations, but I still keep an air of concern because of his past drug use. I'm trying to be a concerned, yet cautious, yet somewhat trusting mom. Thanks for all your replies. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #14 - 02/09/08  10:41am
" PS...my husband had taken the baking soda down there a couple of months ago to put in the basement refrigerator & just never got around to sticking it in the fridge....the torch thing, hell, I don't know...it was small...about the size of a regular Bic lighter, but I'm sure he used that to smoke the weed with, as my husband later found a hookah pipe. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #15 - 02/09/08  8:48pm
" Well there you go. There's an explaination for everything.
Good to know everything is OK.
All this for nothing.
Joe "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #16 - 02/09/08  9:26pm
" Yes, it really sounds like he is making base (crack) for whatever reason. But I think he is tinkering with something else too.

Those cleansers are not needed for crack, but who knows. If he is making meth then you and your whole family are in a world of trouble.

Making Meth is very carcenagenic, and cooking meth destroys lungs, all the metal attachments and plugs all around the smoke. Meth cooks usually die within 15 years of their cooking. Always of cancer.

That is why they put on those CDC suits to clean out the area. He could have gotten some bathtub recipe for Meth or PCP and needed the chemicals for that.

Or he is trying to make something that he will need for cooking something, like Estasy or a base for the meth.

You used to get recipes online, now you can still get it online but have to go through many hoops to get it.

Tough love is the best medicine. That is what helped me get clean and sober. I smoked crack, meth, and anything else that was possible.

Clean up the area real good, I don't believe prison, Gladiator School, really helps anyone. Wear protective gloves and a mask at least. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #17 - 02/10/08  12:54pm
" Around here, folks make something called "bathtub crank". It's meth, but not the good stuff...lower grade, I suppose. Several household cleaners are used, including Ajax, and possibly 409 and Simple Green. The sinus and cold medications, if containing pseudoepedrine as many cold and sinus medications do, must be used to make the meth. It has gotten to the point here that, throughout the state of Kentucky, products containing Pseudoephedrine are kept behind the pharmacy counter, and at Rite Aid where I worked, anyone purchasing the drug had to sign a book in which the quantity of medication bought was recorded. Only so much is allowed per person each month, but of course, they go from pharmacy to pharmacy, especially Wal-Mart and places like that.

Any ether? I think that might also be used...possibly. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #18 - 02/12/08  6:57pm
" JilLxX You nailed that one on the head. By the grace of God I was never a cook. But making Crank is sometimes forgotten.

He may have had just enough cold medicine to make a personal batch of Crank.

I would toss out everything he had, and tell him next time he is going to go to Gladiator School. (Prison) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #19 - 02/13/08  8:25pm
" Yeah, Lisain, it doesn't sound or look good. Don't be too trusting. It would be a totally insane coincidence if he had all that stuff, but wasn't making crank. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #20 - 02/16/08  1:40am
" The torch is for smoking either crack or speed. You put the item in a glass pipe, which looks like a small glass bowl on a glass straw.

Then you hit the pipe while the torch is on the bowl. Bowls can be made from different things, like a light bulb. Etc. Or purchased at various places.

Watch for Red Phospherous, that is a main ingredient. I think they can get it from drano???? "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web