Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
High sex drive
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am in perimenopause and find that I have an extremely high libido. I can not stop thinking about sex, pestering my partner about sex, or having sex. I have always enjoyed sex, but never to this degree. I asked my OB-GYN if this was normal and was told that it wasn't and I needed to consider therapy.

I can not believe this is a mental defect. I believe it has to do with peri-
menopause.

Does anyone else have this happening for them?
Posted on 02/28/10, 06:44 pm
53 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Menopause. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/28/10  8:41pm
" If you need therapy, so do I and a lot of other women. Is you OB-GYN a man by any chance? Mine started a couple of years ago, has settled down a little, but still going strong. And my hubby loves it. Once he adjusted, our sex life is better than it ever was before. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/28/10  9:26pm
" WoW...she Said that ?? I have NOT lost ANY of my Drive...some do...some do not...what the hell...an OBGYN said that ?? Crazy !! my sister never lost interest either...she never had a single premeno symptom...she just stopped {Lucky}....and she said the SEX has never been better !! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/28/10  9:32pm
" Marah -
No, surprisingly, my OB is a woman who is usually amazing. I went to her with this over a year ago. The sex drive slowed down for a couple of months last year and then picked up like crazy again. I went online and looked for info, but mostly found that I should have a low sex drive at this stage. I did find one discussion site where almost everyone who had it said that it disappeared and they were left with barely any sex drive.
Today, I told my boyfriend that he should enjoy this because it might turn out that in two years he'll have to remind me that I used to want and love sex. =) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/28/10  10:21pm
" Its about time someone has a good symptom from premenopause. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/01/10  9:18am
" my other sister said she barely had any interest in sex Til she was Post meno...then it kicked in...her doc figures she now no longer has the fear of getting pregnant....so she relaxed with it...her best friend who had her tubes tied some 10 years earlier, got pregnant at age 49...YIKES !! I think my sister freaked thinking that could happen to her !! man...I get pregnant now, I will allow my daughter to adopt the baby !! LOL !! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/01/10  10:59am
" Drs are always saying what your body should be doing at a certain age and time but truth is they are not inside our bodies and our bodies do what they want not what science wants lol. I wanted sex constantly during peri menopause, my husband was ecstatic!! im in menopause now and it has slowed down alot, which i feel disappointed about but the Dr assures me it will pick up again, I asked him according to science? he just laughed. hugssss gl ladies! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/01/10  3:44pm
" Gosh I can't think of anything I want to do less lol. Something keeps telling me I am really old all of a sudden. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/01/10  6:46pm
" Wow, Sharon, wish I had THAT problem with my perimenopause! No, I can't relate, but can tell you that I am so frustrated with the frequent periods that it is affecting my sex life. I don't have the vaginal dryness that so many women complain about, just the opposite! I try to squeeze in sex whenever I am not bleeding.

In reference to your issue, I agree with you that this could be a consequence of perimenopause, because our hormones get so out of whack during this time. So, why WOULDN,T this be a possible condition of it??? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/01/10  7:02pm
" I went through the constant (for MONTHS) bleeding, the insane excessive bleeding that occurred, the endometrial ablation, etc etc, etc for years. It was a fact of life that I had a heavy period and would leak all over at least once a day (I wore a lot of black for years). Then my bleeding tapered on and off and my OBGYN said it looked like I'd be in menopause within the year. That was 2 years ago. I am counting the days and am up to 90 without a period (thank god!!). Aside from the insane sex drive and having to buy/use a lot of lube, this is totally working for me. I'm blessed that I don't really have many other symptoms. I figure it's nature's way of paying me back for the 5+ years of periods I had. =) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/06/10  10:08am
" Sharon, I had to read this twice -- your OB-GYN saind you need therapy!? BIG LOL!!!

Enjoy. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web