Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
period blood
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Ive been in periMENopause for a couple yrs now but now im starting to miss periods, sometimes 3 months worth. When i do have my period, the blood looks old or dirty, brownish.
Does anybody else experience this prob?? Is it normal??

Happy Turkey Day
hugs
Cathy
Posted on 11/26/08, 06:14 pm
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Menopause. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/26/08  6:34pm
" Mine is sometimes like that too. My last period I seemed to have a contsant flow of bright red blood for a minute or two (it may not have been that long, but it seemed like it). It was scary, didn't think I was going to stop bleeding. FUN! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/26/08  9:44pm
" Ohhh The joys of womanhood. NOT!!!!!!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/28/08  9:55am
" my normal periods are bright red. the last one, that lasted for 6 weeks, was kind of a dull creamy almost rose colored. it was definitely weird! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/28/08  7:32pm
" Hello Girlie,
I have been perimenopausal for several years now and only had l period this year and 2 last year and like you it is brown, rusty blood and only last a couple of days and can managed with a panty liner. My GYN says this is normal.
Take care and hang in there!
Maryann "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/28/08  8:55pm
" What you described is very normal. Unfortunately for me I am still having the very heavy periods. Good luck, seems like the light is at the end of the tunnel for you!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/28/08  10:49pm
" I've decided lately that I want to be a man instead they have it so much easier than us. Menopause sucks and makes me even more moody than the tumors side effects do. Sometimes I go for a month others for only a couple days and I skip months too. Resentally I have been put on depo and after I did that it turned my periods blood color to brown too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/29/08  6:31am
" yes it is very normal once you start missing periods for it to look like old dried up blood... because that's what it is.
Some women describe their last few periods before menopause as looking "black as death" "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/01/08  6:05pm
" I've had this all my life, always at the end of my period when the flow stops and the blood does not get flushed out quick enough it turns brown. This usually resolves itself in a day or two tops. Now for the first time I am doing it before I start. It's like I try to start and then can't and then a day later I start completely. This also seems to be worse in woman who do not have enough estrogen to cleanse naturally. Nothing to worry about. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/01/08  6:59pm
" This period was way diff than others. All i did was spot that brownish blood for 4-5 days. Not even enough for a tampon.

Those of us who suffer depression also, how do u know if the moodiness is depression, PMS or MENopause???? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/01/08  10:48pm
" I've done that. Trying to start and just don't. As for the depression I would say if it lasted more than a few days you can call it depression....umm can't remember exactly but routinely depression they call it. I'm sure somone here will know what I'm talking about it. Kind of like seasonal depression. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web