Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
can menopause make you feel sick?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My questions is can menopause make you feel physically ill? I have actually been having such a hard time that it is hard to believe this is really menopausal stuff. If so why do some women have no issues and others it seems to affect so badly? I feel like I have a fever a lot of the time and I don't...my heart rate is faster than it should be at times. I just feel plain weird....cry one min. then o.k. the next. Wake up with severe anxiety at night. Feel depressed and unmotivated... Does this really sound like menopausal stuff to the rest of you gals?
Posted on 11/07/11, 03:36 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Menopause. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/07/11  3:57pm
" I believe it can make you physically feel ill. I went into menopause around June 2009. I had nausea for quite some time as well as fatigue, and anxiety. I just felt sick but wasnt. I think some women suffer and some dont based on their own biological makeup, their history of when their mother went through it. We are all different in our biological makeup though in menopause there is a common thread of symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, depression, fatigue, hot flushes or flashes, night sweats, racing heart, nausea. Here is a good website on the symtpoms: www.34-menopause-symptoms.com

I for one have had anxiety, depression, hot flushes, insomnia, mood swings, awful fatigue, zero energy, throwing on and off of the covers at night, inability to lose weight, new allergies in menopause, ringing ears. But my mother doesnt remember going through it (she's 77 now and might have blocked that out! :) and I have a cousin who is a nurse who had no effects. It varies from one to another but as said before there are common symptoms many of us have. You sound completely normal (whatever that is in menopause Im not sure). Have you tried anythng? Such as supplements or hormone replacement therapy? I for one am on bio-identical estrogen/testosterone cream, progesterone capsules, DHEA, Cortisol, and Vitamin D. Many women in menopause have low levels which in turns affects your moods, anxiety, depression, etc. Having your levels checked and then going on a regimen to support these things can give you quality of life. Best Wishes! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/13/11  1:10am
" Thanks, Sugaboog, for information on website "34 menopause symptoms" - good site! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web