How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Almost 56 years old and still no Menopause!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi Everyone,
I am 55 and a half years old, and still in perimenopause, getting those annoying irregular periods. I missed 2 months, and I was happy thinking I may be on my way to menopause. But, 10 days ago I got it again, and I still have it! ( ten days of bleeding).
I went to the Drs. and he did an Endometrial Biopsy, and put me on 10 mg. of medroxyprogesterone for ten days only. I will start taking the meds tonight. He thinks that the bleeding is likely attributed to the "irregular periods" that come with Perimenopause. But, he has to rule out cancer.
I am concerned about taking this HRT, and especially concerned about the biopsy results. I have had papsmears, some cervical biopsies, and col poscopies, every 6 months for the past 2 years due to abnormal pap results. So, I have been watched for Cervical Cancer, but not for Uterus Cancer. If there was a problem with my Uterus, wouldn't something have shown up from all those Cervical Tests?????

Any thoughts anyone?
Thanks for any responses!
Best,
Jaycee
Posted on 05/18/11, 05:39 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Menopause. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/18/11  7:42pm
" My OB-GYn performed an outpatient "hysteroscopy with D & C which checks for uterine cancer. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/21/11  9:15am
" I turned 56 last June and that is when I had my last period, so it has not been quite a year yet. I have those abnormal PAPS too. I have had the colpos and the endometrial biopsies. My GYN can't figure why my PAPS are always abnormal but she thinks it is because I have a prolapsed uterus. When she does the PAP she is picking up cells from the vagina. I have been going through the same thing you have and for many years. See my new post under "have a question". I think you are probably fine. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web