Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Progesterone Stopped Working....Why ?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am on my 4 th month of bio-identical progesterone cream from the Pharmacy. It was working great for the first 3 months. I went from 15 hot flashes a day to none ! Now it just stopped working. I'm back to all those damn hot flashes !!! Has this happened to anyone else ? After each month I take the recommended 3-5 day break and I can't figure it out.
Posted on 06/29/10, 04:49 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Menopause. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/10/10  12:38pm
" My acupuncturist explained to me that this does happen with the progesterone cream. She said you keep having to up the dose and everytime you up the dose it gets better then it stops working again after a time and on and on. I am trying to go the alternative route so I dont get stuck in that cycle. Do you have an acupuncturist or a homeopathic practioner you could talk to? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/16/10  7:02pm
" Hello. I was taking Kliogest HRT for 9 months and then it stopped working. I went from 15 - 25 hot flushes a day to none and it was wonderful. Now they have come back..........not as intense but my sleep is now very much disturbed. I can cope with most things but broken night sleep every single night is a bit much. I go off to sleep really well but once I wake with a hot flush,thats usually the end of deep sleep for that night. I am fed up with the whole bloody thing and frustrated that there really is very little out there to help women thats effective. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web