Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Brain shaking?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone ever felt like their brain was shaking in their head? Very strange sensation. Is this related to the Meniere's? I am so stinking confused!!!!!
Posted on 07/21/12, 12:43 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Meniere's Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/21/12  1:25pm
" MY HEAD FEELS REALLY WEIRD HARD TO EXPLAIN,SO I THINK WE ALL KIND OF EXPERIENCE SOME THING DIFFERENT , AND I GET A LOT OF HEADACHES, AND LIGHT HEADED AND OFF BALANCE ,EARS RING AND SHOOTING PAINS,IT NO FUN AND I GET SICK TO MY STOMACH A LOT, WHAT OTHER SYMPTOMS YOU HAVE, HUGS ,SQUARLEY "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/23/12  7:23am
" Sometimes when there is alot of noise around me, thats exactly what it feels like. Its like my brain is vibrating almost. Its a very weird sensation. They just diagnosed me with Migraines on top of the Menieres, so double whammy on the dizziness. Like Squarley I also get the headaches, off balance, ears ringing and shooting pains. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/23/12  4:50pm
" Yep I get it after a bad day or 2 of vertigo, Brain fog is what I call it! Nosie lights doesn't matter, just not my self... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/23/12  8:22pm
" I get an actual feeling like my brain is physically moving! It feels almost electrified and jarred loose. So weird. I feel like a huge magnet is in the floor (on my left) and another is in my head and it is constantly pulling me. I fall mainly to the left about 500 times a day unless I walk with my left arm extended, hand tilted up, and fingers stiff. Everyone at work swears I am trying to land a plane. I have fullness, ringing, roaring, buzzing, my left ear pops A LOT, sick stomach (my stomach is sick BEFORE the vertigo), sore neck from tilting my head all of the time, lethargic and could sleep around the clock, bumps all over me from taking maxzide and getting in the pool with the kids, and depression, of course. I have had migraines since I was 11, but they have seemed to increase again :( My hearing is better this month, on the plus side! Loud noises make me literally fall over! Whirring noises make me fall over, also. Fans going anywhere near my head make my ears get full, and then I get dizzier. It is ridiculous! I say we all call for a redo. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/24/12  12:39pm
" Yes, Yes!! I call them "brain zaps" It feels like there is a vibration in my brain or and electric shock or something. It is a very weird feeling. I do not know if it is related but so far all the doctors look at me like I am nuts when I explain it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/24/12  6:20pm
" Exactly the way they look at me. I tell them my brain feels electrified or like it is vibrating. They just look at me like I said the most ignorant thing in the world, and then they start talking about something else. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/25/12  3:13pm
" Mine also feels like it is moving in my head not all the time, just when I am have a difficult week with my MD. I might not be dizzy at the time, it is just my brain feeling weird. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/17/12  7:31am
" This came up a while back, but I'm wondering about it again. I've been having the feeling of my brain vibrating in my head a lot lately. It's always at night for me, and it wakes me up.

It's not as bad as waking with the spins/vertigo. But it does keep me up. Anyone have any tips for dealing with this? Sometimes if I change positions in bed it will stop, but not always. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/17/12  10:29am
" Yes, constant pulling to the right and down. When I walk I lean forward and have a hand out like walking in a dark room, this is for balance. I have a sensation as being on a tight rope. Head full, nausia. When the hearing gets bad I can hear my breathing and heart beat over the sounds in the room. My mind often hears sounds like my mother calling me or my first wife. I know that sounds freeky but because I am deaf in one ear allready and the other has meniers my brain needs to make sense the best it can, I guess that is where tinitus comes into play. I have constent ringing in a dead ear, surgery distroyed all function on the left side, yet it allways rings. My Dr. calls these phantom sounds, sort of like when a person looses an arm but will still have feelings in a hand that is no longer there. These voices are not threating (in other words I dont think its a mental disorder) just calling my name in a nice voice. I also hear grandfather clock gongs all times of day and night not oftern though, but will wake me up. The electric thing I do not have but maybe somehow a phantom manifistation in the mind. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/19/12  2:07am
" This post was informative me in more ways than I can say; But the 1 comment that made sense to me was 1 that I didn't even realize until my wife saw me. When I in a serious dizzy mode I walk slowly with both hands out and my eyes look funny! I didn't even realize I was holding my hands out until she told me and it' s nice to hear that it's not just me! Thank u...will respond to others later but to dizzy to see screen now! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web