Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Sever Pressure in Head
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello Everyone,
I have been experienceing severe pressure in my head. not one particular area, just all over. Almost like my head is full of fluid and it's trying to escape. Do any of you feel this too? I know about the pressure in the ears, this is just something new lately.
Posted on 06/01/11, 11:47 pm
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Meniere's Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/10/11  11:35am
" i, too, sometimes feel pressure in my head. yesterday it had started at the top of my head and then in the evening, i felt a heaviness (and almost like a really light burning sensation) across the base of my skull in the back. i joined the group just to see if anyone else has experienced similar symptoms. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/20/11  6:20pm
" sometimes i feel like i have a pressure helmet on and i experience pain in the back of my neck or random pain in my head. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/21/11  12:15pm
" I too get that severe pressure in my head and face most often in the mornings when i wake up. I find that taking a hot shower helps relieve it (if not all the way at least enough for me to function). "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/24/11  8:47pm
" I also get the tight pressure in my head as well as the ear pressure. It is usually at the top of my spine/base of skull. I also suffer from regular numbness/tingling on my face/ lips?? Sometimes it is on 1 side and sometimes all over, I have not yet had an explanation for this.?? Any takers for a reply lol :-) x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/20/11  6:14pm
" me too! i was diagnosed over a year ago but only recently did the overall head pressure become so noticeable. i feel like some huge force of gravity is pushing me down and it's kind of scary. the weird thing is that i get these now even without vertigo. and it definitely seems to increase in frequency the more i try to do physical labor. sometimes i wonder if i could have been misdiagnosed and i have some kind of brain tumor, although the rest of my symptoms are classic meniere's. :( "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/20/11  8:20pm
" I too thought I was diagnosed, but I have seen a neurologist and have had several MRI's and other than a small cyst on pituatiry gland they say everything looks normal. I like you have the pressure on my head without the dizziness, its really weird, also do any of you who have this pressure have problems with pillows? If I do not have a super soft pillow, with the pressure, my head will hurt all night long, very uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/20/11  10:40pm
" Oh yes, I feel the pressure and see swelling alongside my ear and down my throat on the one side often:( Also the pain at the top of my skull! I'm going to go get checked as I have a dent in my forehead now.. I also get very dry mouth while sleeping:(
I read people are getting shunts in their ears and I wonder if that helps with the fluid? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/22/11  10:15am
" Hello, yes I to have that strange pressure ,sometime I feel I am going to fall over,this is so wierd. My eyes always hurt with this and I feel off balance a little any one else like that , so many thing going on ,ringing in ears, I have had the cat scans and mri,so it must be the MD. My pillow also has to be soft any lump hurts . Any one have any thing that helps ? many hugs to you all Squarley "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 08/31/11  2:21pm
" I too suffer with the pressure in my head. It does make my eyes hurt really bad...usually it gets so bad I end up bedridden for at least a day.

catalinav - I also have a cyst on my pituitary gland. As for the pillow...I could not use a pillow due to cervical spine damage. Even after fusion surgery (c2-c3 with disc bulge still remaining between c1-c2), i can only use a very flat pillow if any at all. I have found that lying on my belly with the part of my head that is experiencing the most pain/pressure turned towards the mattress helps. But, feeling "neck headaches" along with numbing or tingling/weakness of limbs or body parts is always cause to get your spine checked. Also, Ibuprofan (especially RX strength) was the only thing that would give me any relief from
the headache and pain, even above prescription pain killers. Hope this helps :)

I just recently joined this site...and I am so amazed at how similar your experiences are to mine with the MD. Everybody speaks of issues that I've been trying to explain to my friends & family with no luck...they don't seem to understand. this group makes me feel normal. Thank you all :)

By the way...does MD have different degrees of intensity, like stages? I've met 3 people with MD, and 1 seems to suffer as much as I do, while the other 2 made me feel like i"m a crybaby...that this disease really isn't bad enough to be considered to change quality of life.

sorry so long...in time I'm sure I'll learn enough to stop being a pest ;) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 08/31/11  2:28pm
" i think it definitely has degrees and I know how disconcerting it can be to meet those who have it very mildly and they look at you like you're ridiculous. But I know how you feel, trust me. Mine is very bad and quite disabling--although I was denied disability when I originally applied. I used to have some good days but there are almost no days now where I don't experience some degree of vertigo and/or pain. sometimes I WISH it were a brain tumor b/c then maybe it would be operable and I could be cured. (joking. sort of. maybe not) lol. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web