Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Prepairing for a colonoscopy
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have a question. Has anyone had to drink the "Prep" liquid for any procedure? It's some kind of sodium something or another. I am wondering if this is going to affect my MD or trigger dizziness or vertigo. I have to start tonight and another round in the morning.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!
Posted on 03/21/13, 10:53 am
10 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Meniere's Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/21/13  11:10am
" No but yesterday had to drink 48 ounces of water and hold it till after ultrasound bout peed all over myself but I was layin down so long I got up and felt drunk hope ur thing goes well.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/21/13  11:22am
" I had it done Jan of last year, didnt effect my Meniere's per say because I couldnt eat or drink anything and had to stay near or on the pot! Sodium Bicarbonate may trigger an attack but not likely it is below your daily requirement for sodium.

What you are getting done is a good thing, my doctor took pictures of my inside of my colon. I had no problems, stomach will be sore for a few days, nausia and gas issues.

I am proud of you to get this done, you deserve a gold star!

Rich "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/21/13  12:30pm
" Thanks for the input!!! It will be my 2nd. Rich. Since my father passed away with colon cancer at the young age of 42... I try to keep up with screening. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/21/13  12:54pm
" I did that but it was before the low sodium diet. Did you ask your pharmacist if there is anything else you could take for the same results? Hope your 24 hours pass quickly without any extra problems.... God's blessings. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/21/13  3:01pm
" Your a super trooper there Katie!!!

Good luck and God bless!

Your buds

Rich "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/21/13  6:33pm
" Hi, I had it done last year. Getting all that prep drink down was my biggest problem. After that everything was smooth sailing. Didn't affect my MD at all.
Good luck, I hope everything is fine. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/22/13  12:52am
" I just went thru it a few weeks ago. It did make me feel a little "off". And it definitely stressed my system. I have already decided that next time I will ask if there is any alternative to the sodium bicarbonate drink. I know I had one done a number of years ago, and I did have something different. It was just a small bottle to drink. But because it was pre-Meniere's I don't recall if it was high sodium or not. Another thing I did this time was to take one valium before I went in. I checked with my doc, and he said that was okay. I just wanted to be proactive and certain that nothing got triggered during the procedure! It all worked out fine. Good luck. As you know, the prep is the worst part...the procedure is easy! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/25/13  4:03pm
" I WAS GOING TO GET MY SECOND BECAUSE IT BEEN 10 YEARS AND DOCTOR GAVE ME THIS SODIUM DRINK WITH 3000 GRAMS AND I SAID I CAN NOT TAKE THIS HE TRIED TO FIND SOME THING ONLY THING WAS A MAGNISIUM THING AND IT WAS HIGH ALL SO SO I DID NOT DO IT IF YOU ALL WILL LET ME KNOW WHAT THERE GIVING YOU AND LET ME KNOW MAYBE I CAN GET IT DONE I WAS AFRAID IT WOULD SET OFF A LONG ATTACK,PLEASE MESSAGE ME,THANKS SHIRLEY "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/25/13  4:05pm
" Other than trying to drink that "Cocktail" down, things went smooth as silk. It seemed to not affect my MD at all. I even had soup twice the day before and it didnt seem to bother me. Everything is fine... repeat in another 5 years. That's always good news to hear!!
Thanks to all who gave advice for me!! Hugs...
Katie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/25/13  7:22pm
" Good news there Katie, hope all stays well with the Meniere's also!

Your buds

Rich "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web