Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Members who aren't (?) members.
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
There is a member (?) Who is a friend of mine on DS. However a certain form of communication was not sent to me which is uncharacteristic of the member. So recently I put the friend's name in the DS search field and had a search done. Thresults of the search were: there are no results for the name you enterred. Why would such results be the case of a member who I still have on my friends list? If the person left the site cancelling his/her membership would not that person be taken off of my friends list as well, or does DS use a system similar to that of Facebook? I've seen a name of a FB member in certain FB groups who at that moment was/is deceased. Thanks for the feedback in advance.
Posted on 06/08/14, 12:39 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for DailyStrength Members Community. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/08/14  2:50pm
" IMHO, the search feature is inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. There have been many times I have gotten the same results as you. I usually try again later.

I believe FB only deletes when requested, so if no one has access to a deceased person's account, then it would probably just stay there forever. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/08/14  6:05pm
" In total agreement with MTC. DS search often cannot find its way. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/09/14  12:03am
" thanks. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/24/14  11:49pm
" "Search" isn't the only thing or person who can't find it's way. DS is doing some weird things on any given day.

There are times that it won't even accept my sign in until about the 5th try and then when my profile come up it is in some forum that I have never heard of.

But I need a challenge each day to keep my sometimes oxygen starved brain alert. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/25/14  9:09am
" lol You are funny, Ellie. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/25/14  9:10am
" The member is back in contact. Thanks guys. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/05/14  12:56pm
" That happens to me also #4, it always sent me to the Bipolar Board...I was beginning think it was telling me something.

I also have trouble when I reply to a post, when I hit the Add..a blank page comes up telling me I'm timed out. hummmmm I wonder if that is DS or IE. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/05/14  10:52pm
" Grannie ... go here and follow the instructions. May not fix the DS problem you have, but it is safe and also might fix it.

http://www.centenary.edu/it/faq/000... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/06/14  1:40pm
" Thank you Vet will do. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 07/09/14  7:21pm
" I did what you suggested Vet and so far so good. Thank you. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web