Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Preventing Macular Degeneration
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does prevention work? Last month I went to my eye Dr. to see if my eyes were the cause of my migraines. She found nothing to cause migraines. But she did find out I have the early stages of Macular Degeneration to help prevent it from getting any worse. She put me on EyePromise Restore, 2 pills daily. I go tomorrow for testing to see if it's helping at all.

Wish me luck! Take care!
Posted on 04/15/08, 09:28 pm
37 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Macular Degeneration. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/20/08  10:35am
" You may find some helpful resources at this link...

We are up to 88 members now - thank you for passing the word!!! We are growing by at least 3 - 5 members a day!

http://dailystrength.org/groups/neu...

:) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/23/08  1:06am
" Please check out our website www.tozalformula.com/25346 for a revolutionary information on age related macular degeneration

Thanks "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/24/09  12:34pm
" Yes, prevention/natural cures do work. Eyepromise Restore looks good in general, but didn't your your mother ever tell you to eat your carrots because they were good for your eyes. Vitamin A and beta carotene are the most important vitamins for your eyes. Would anyone like the Natural Cure for Macular Degeneration? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/25/09  3:56pm
" Would like to know more about the natural cure. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/12/09  11:29pm
" Tozal probably does help, just look at all of that vitamin A in it. Just like carrot juice. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/17/09  7:07am
" Panorama (I think) just did an expose on this very drug. It agrees with JJ Flash, and adds any sort of carrot is good, even frozen.
What annoys me is the promise held in the name of the drug. A vitamin pill would have oto be pretty damn special to reverse damage already done. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/28/09  1:27pm
" Checked out the Tozal website. There is a lot of Vitamin A there, and I wonder about the long-term effects. It's similar to EyeCaps and Preservision except that it adds Omega 3. It's also $55 a bottle, a lot to pay when you can't be sure whether it will help. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/07/09  6:54pm
" I get carrot juice for $3.38/qt at Walmart, $6.38/ 1/2ga at Jewel, $4.99/ !/2ga at HEB in TX. If you get too much vitamin A from carrot juice, you will turn orange. I drink 16oz per day and have no sign of turning orange. Taking large doses of vitamin A in a pill would concern me because you are bypassing God"s natural warning system. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/06/10  12:31pm
" Hello:

My doctor recommends vitamins to his patients, but if your younger watch that you don't "overdue" the Vitamin A, it can be hard (I think) on the liver. I have Ocular Histoplasmosis which is similar to wet MD. So he recommended a GOOD vitamin, with or add on Lutein, and Omega 3. For Omega 3 he recommends either salmon or similar fish 3-4 times a week, or eat about 5 small walnut pieces a day. My husband can't handle eating salmon That often, and currently I'm avoiding all nuts due to my eczema (trying to figure out what irritates - might be nuts) So, I'm taking Carlson fish oil, 1 teaspoon daily. It's really not that bad to take. I hope this is helpful. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/06/10  12:33pm
" And yes prevention does help. I forgot to add, remember to wear Sunglasses, that is suppose to help too. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web