Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Lupus and Nioxin Hair Care Products
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone ever used Nioxin? If so did it work? Im thinking of trying it. Im going thru one of my "I miss my hair" periods! If anyone has any info on this please let me know ok. Hugs, Niecy.
Posted on 09/24/07, 08:33 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/25/07  11:22pm
" I did not have any luck with this; it made my head tingle, turn red, and irritated. I am using an herbal shampoo from india. I found research on this and it was rated one of the best for hair regrowth. Although I am still losing my hair, I have regrowth since using this shampoo. It takes about three months to see any difference. Here is the website: http://www.herbalhairshampoo.com/ab... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/26/07  10:08am
" I have used Nioxin in the past and it worked for me. In fact, I am in need of it again and am planning on going and getting me some more. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/03/07  9:21pm
" I've used Nioxin before in the past and really liked it. However, due to the high price of the products, I stopped using them. I'm currently using a product called Thicker and Fuller Hair which can be purchased at any drug store. It has biotin in it and I've read that hair care products with biotin helps with hair growth/loss. BTW- Nioxin also has biotin. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/04/07  10:07pm
" Thanks ladies for the info!!! Geez! I forgot I posted this question. I bought some Nexxus shampoo and conditioner. It makes my hair feel like silk. It's kinda pricey, but definately worth the extra bucks!!!! Hugs'n'Thanks, Niecy. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/05/07  1:30pm
" Yes I used it and it worked great for me. I have a balding area in front and have had it there for several years. Inherited it from my mom..lol. I used this product for about 6 months and noticed a big improvement in the thickness and the balding went away. I didn't see the results completely until I had used it for about 6 weeks. Good Luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/21/07  2:02am
" Hey ladies!! I currently am taking the Nioxin pills for stronter and thicker hair. Its approx $20. It works in my opinion. I also use a product called Prothik. Its approx 15 dollars for a can. It is the best thing ever. My hair is thinning big time! The Prothik thickens and covers the thinning spots. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/22/07  12:05pm
" I was thinking of getting this for my daughter. Her Dermo gives her cortozone shots in the balding spots but her hair is still very thin. She also recommended Rogain. Anyone tried this ? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/27/07  12:57pm
" Aloe vera (the gel flesh inside the plant) rubbed on your scalp and coconut milk (leave on hair for 30 min before shampooing)..are good. also dont forget to supplement with B12 and zinc and calcium. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/28/07  5:14am
" Becareful using Rogain on your daughter's hair! I've heard some pretty wicked things about it! Nexxus is really good! Plus it has alotta natural ingredients! Ya can't beat that!!! Hugs, Niecy. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web