Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Red Nose
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was wondering if anyone else has a constant red nose? I look like Rudolph.
Posted on 10/14/09, 10:26 am
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/16/09  3:18am
" I get a red nose too, but not constantly, usually happen in late afternoon and evenings. Mine is kind of itchy and hot, is yours itchy too? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/16/09  9:53am
" I never notice mine until I look in the mirror. I never use to have this before getting diagnosed. I'd really like to know why I have one. Have you ever talked to your doctor about the itching? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/16/09  6:51pm
" Yes. I don't even have to be in the sun. I have a lot of capillary breakage on my face. I do facials regularly and aesthetitian (sp) uses vitamin K to decrease the redness. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/24/09  12:40am
" no, I never talk to my doctor about it since I guess he would say "it's from lupus". It seems everytime I tell him about a problem, he say the same thing from lupus, sometimes don't know even if he actually know what the problem is and just kind of blame everything to lupus.
Besides my nose, my cheeks sometimes are red, mild itch too, usually in the evenings or when I was stressed out or in the sun/heat, I wonder if it may be the lupus rash. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/24/09  3:43pm
" Yes. Me too. It does come and go though. It is part of our beautiful Lupus mask! Of course mine gets rather prominent in the colder weather, due to lack of a suntan. Everyones cheeks and nose get red in the cold, but ours will get a deep red to purple. It is not very cool at all, but it is something we have to live with. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/24/09  3:54pm
" Sillyak, I just noticed you have Sjogrens too. That as well will make your nose and ears turn colors as well. I have it as well, and my hands and legs turn almost black if I get too cold! It sucks very much! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/24/09  7:21pm
" Hi Sillyak,

I have had a red nose and cheeks for years(befroe being diagnosed for Lupus) Not just a rash but broken blood vessels close to the surface of the skin(very attractive!) Anyways, it does get worse after a hot shower, or temp. change, cold weather..I found out I have Sjogrens also. Thank God for makeup!
Take Care
xox
Sylvie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/25/09  7:11pm
" Hi, I have the same problem, when I get stressed or I am about to flare. I call it my personal indicator. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/26/09  8:00am
" Shelby how or who told you the red nose thing was from Sjogren's?
I've never asked my docs because there usually is more pressing things to discuss like pain and muscle cramps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/13/14  6:04pm
" I do too..its just started in last few weeks, but only my nose...I can feel a slight burning like sunburn now, but not been any sun for ages...I have mild lupus..and hypothyroid...menopaused too. I can at times see beads of sweat come out on my nose...almost like thru pore holes..argg "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web