Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
LUPUS & LOSS OF APPETITE
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Lately I have had a MAJOR loss of appetite.
Should I be concerned?
Has this happened to anyone else?
Hugs,
Niecy.
Posted on 04/02/09, 11:31 am
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/02/09  11:45am
" I too have lost weight due to loss of appetite but needed weight off anyway. Rhuemy did not seem too concerned about it though. hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/02/09  9:35pm
" It varies with me...right now I have to really push myself to eat, and other times I eat quite heartily. It really depends on if I am in a flare or not. I am really off my food at the moment, I feel quite sick after eating and I have a sore mouth and tongue so that doesn't help either. Toward the end of last year I put on a couple of kilos, now they are coming off and I am just about back to normal. I think appetite loss is fairly common. I try and eat small, healthy meals spread out through the day and consciously make an effort to keep my fluid intake up. Check with your doctor about a supplement if your appetite doesn't improve. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/03/09  1:51am
" Hi, i am rarely hungry and have felt this way for several months. i have gained about 20 lbs even tho i don't eat much at all.

i have some sores in my mouth and tongue and it hurts to eat. i have found that i can tolerate fruit smoothies and i put protein powder in them to boost the nutritional value.

i am anemic for the first time in my entire life. just don't feel well at all. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web