Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Relief from Pleurisy
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have Pleurisy. I get it often, I always have. But recently it seems to occur more and more often. Is there a cure for this? I have tried inhalers, antibiotics, still no relief. I know for a fact that this is Lupus related. I would love to find a cure for this. It is sooo painful I feel like my lungs are gonna burst! If anyone has had treatment for this, please let me know how it went. Thanks! Hugs, Niecy.
Posted on 08/21/07, 01:46 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/22/07  2:08pm
" Hello there :) I'm sorry it hurts so bad, I know how that can be. Well, I don't know if this will help you specifically, but it's worth a try? I lay on my back with head propped on pillow and hot wet towel, heating pad, or anything light I can find that will retain heat the longest. Water bottles too heavy and hurts. If you can take ibuprofen, I take those at the same time. It really helps releive the pain for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/22/07  3:41pm
" I think that is what is going on with me as well. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with a pulmonologist (sp?) to see what, if anything, can be done.
I am so frustrated ALWAYS feeling bad, hurting etc... but one of the worst parts of what is going on with me is I'm exausted from not breathing well. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web