Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Sores on my head...?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Ok, I know I've read a little about this somewhere, but I have searched back 20 pages and cannot find it (yay for cognitive dysfunction?). Recently, as in the past week, I noticed 2 sores on my head. Now, I say sores, because they are painful, not because they are open or oozing. They are more like little painful lumps. One was on the top front of my head, just inside my hairline; that was the first. Now I have another, a little larger lump on the back middle of my head. Neither felt like a pimple, and the one I could see did not look like one, however I cannot see the one on the back of my head. Just wondered if anyone else had had these, or had an idea as to what it might be? Thanks for the input.
-Cara
Posted on 02/20/09, 09:44 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/21/09  12:17pm
" I have suffred with sores on my head for a very long time. My sore are lumpy and sometimes weep, also its hurts me just to comb my hair.

Ann "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/21/09  12:38pm
" I get sores on and off on my scalp. Mine eventually go away and then reappear out of nowhere. I am not sure if there is anything you can do for this or not. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/21/09  1:37pm
" Yes, i've had sore in my head,and other places on my body. They are called lupus lesions, Round in shape,oozing blood...ect. I've had them for many years, they 'never' seem to totally heal up,even after several treatment of 'kenlog' injected into the lesion.It was only after i changed my diet and treatment plan, the lesion on my scalp healed up!!! Good luck & hugs to you my friend. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/21/09  7:08pm
" Yes, yesterday, I realised I am heading into flare territory, aching joints, malar rash more livid and burning and small sores around my temples and head. They do heal and go away, but reappear from time to time. Just don't use a harsh shampoo or too many hair products, be gentle and try not to snag them with your brush or comb. Sorry you are having this problem, love, light and peace. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/21/09  9:30pm
" Hi,
I have this too on my scalp...The terrible thing with mine is that they scab up and I actually will sit there and pick through my hair pulling bits of the scabs off. Is that gross or what? Its like a habit now. I always seem to have at least a few it seems. Havent found anything that takes them away.
Melissa "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/22/09  1:25am
" YES i have had the same on and off you need to ask your Doctor about a steriod ointment to rub on them and help with healing i just cant think of the name right now but i think it does help "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/22/09  11:05am
" yep i get these too my doc gave me betnovate scalp application which helped,its lupus,i found if i use baby shampoo on my hair im not to bad with it,hope this helps
hugs
lozzy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/22/09  1:08pm
" Pretty much all I get is sores on my head, then the hair falls out in the areas. I used the protopic and closbetasol (steroid ointment) to help them go away. You have to be careful with using that because long term use will cause depressions in your head. I also had the injections, those helped the most. You could try a good dandruff shampoo with zinc in it, also. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/22/09  11:53pm
" For years I have had sores on my head. They sometimes hurt but mainly are just a nusence. I have lost hair in the top of my head and have found that I get alot of sore there. I thought it was discoid lupus. I put a steroid cream on them. I now have Alopecia. I wish you luck. Don't get discouraged.

Hugs Nancy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/23/09  2:46am
" Hi all -I used to get little scabs on my head too. Lol I was a bit like you Melissa -I couldnt leave them in peace to just disappear.
But I never thought to mention it to a Doc, I just assumed it was because I had long hair and it was due to the weight of my hair and the clips and combs I used to put it up.
I guess it's just a coincidence that since I've had short hair -I no longer get the little sores.
Good luck to all "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web