Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
mottled skin on palms of hands
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anybody else get mottled skin on the palms of their hands? Kind of like a marbling of pink and white? Is this a lupus symptom? What causes it?

I hope I'm not starting to many threads but I like to stay organized!!! Also, I don't want somebody to have to read something they aren't interested in.

Thanks.
Laurie
Posted on 10/22/08, 07:35 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/22/08  7:55pm
" I should add that the mottling of the skin on my palms is not related to sun or cold exposure but can happen when I've been inside for an extended period. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/23/08  12:17am
" I do get what appears to be the same as your "mottled skin" but I have never had it confirmed by a doc that that is directly related to lupus. I do not get a lot of exposure to sun or cold either when it happens I am usually indoors. I have an appointment with my rheumy next week I will ask about it. Take care. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/23/08  1:23am
" Hmm, after reading this, I took a look at the palms of my hands. Sure enough, the skin is a mottled pink and white. Guess they've been like this a long time and I never thought about it.

peace and love ... Kyle Anne "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/23/08  1:51am
" could it be that the mottling is normal in even people without a connective tissue disorder?? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/23/08  11:58am
" Hi,
I also get this and it happens all over my body. It is called levido reticulus and is very common with lupus. There is nothing to do for it. I am on meds and still get it. I also have Raynauds and APS but have been told this is lupus related.
Melissa "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/26/08  12:07pm
" Hi Laurie! One of the tests I had for Lupus was a small skin biopsey on my arm. Both arms have this mottled look(red, brown, blotchy) I thought it was sun damage or hormornes(menopause). The results came back and it said"Lupus compatable). I don't have the butterfly rash on my face, but discolorization on chest and arms. Its a Lupus thing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/01/08  1:20pm
" I get the dark pink on my palms and soles of my feet and the marbled pink and white on my hands, but usually when it's hot or cold..
I had these after chemo, prednisone and cellcept. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web