Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Lupus and Tremors??
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was just wondering if anyone with Lupus has, or has had, tremors of any sort?? I have head/hand tremors that come and go...chalking it up to more CNS involvement....although, doctors are calling it "Essential Tremor."

I suppose it COULD be a seperate issue, due to the fact that I have numerous family members who also have this....essential tremor. I was just wondering?? Thanks! ;)
~Tonya
Posted on 06/28/08, 12:53 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/28/08  12:58pm
" I get them when I am tired and or stressed. My Dr. says hw's not sure why and I declined the testing... but he knows Lupus can affect the nervous system. If it gets worse, I might have the tests run but for now, I would rather not know. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/05/08  12:36pm
" Hi...I'm still in the diagnostic stages, but have been doing research so I can ask informed questions. I was surprised to see your post about tremors. I have had tremors for years and was also diagnosed with Essential Tremor. What I know about E.T. is that it stems from a specific area of the brain, but has no apparent cause. Essential in medical terms means unknown cause. What else do you have that made them test for Lupus or other autoimmune?

Take care. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/05/08  12:56pm
" Have they tested you for Parkinsons? It can be associated with autoimmune disorders. Often if I feel stressed and tired, My hands shake and I have a hard time writting, putting on nail poslish, doing my hair, and I drop stuff alot. It is mainly in my hands. I also have tremors in my eyeballs. When it first happened I thought we were haveing some sort of earthquake.LOL. I kept opening and shuting my eyes and it would still be doing it.It usually only lasts a day or so with each episode. The doc says I just need to rest when I feel like that. I did not know if it is epilepsy or something. I had an EEG on my brain to no avail. It showed nothing. SO I am chalking it up to the lupus. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/05/08  5:23pm
" Yes I have occassion of tremors. They mostly occur when I am very stressed. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web