Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Skin Crystals
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone had anything that appears to look like quartz crystals come out of your pores? I saw something shiny on my arm and scraped it off with a knife and used a Brinell Microscope to view. Under the scope it appears to look like quartz. I did a comparison to salt (which is square) and this appears totally different.
Posted on 05/04/08, 09:34 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/04/08  10:46pm
" could it be that salt produced from our body has a different structure? I've never heard of that before. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/10/08  2:56pm
" I cant believe this, but this just happened to me 2xs now. It happens after my bath. I have no idea what it means. Its just plain crazy. I didn't know what it was & then i read your post & now i am wondering what is going on. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/11/08  12:26am
" OMG that's wild, does it hurt?

let us know if you find out what it is! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/12/08  2:04pm
" i've had some gold dust appear on my arm at one time but never happened again. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/27/09  1:24pm
" I googled "crystals under skin". That is how I found this web site. They have to do with uric acid levels and kidney function according to what I can find. I have had them on my arms, neck, palms of hands, toes, and along the sides of the ribcage? They feel like a sharp needle prick because of the sharp sides of the crystals. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/27/09  1:30pm
" Wow, how bizzare, our bodys are complex anything is possible. Ouch i bet it does hurt, have you told your doc about this? Cindi "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/28/09  2:48pm
" I have seen this before when I worked in a dialysis clinic. When the patients phosphorus level was to high it caused crystals to form under the skin. So you might want to have your kidney function levels checked out. I hope this helps! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 06/28/09  3:15pm
" I get weird stuff that look like splinters of crystal type stuff your talking about.. Its strange what are bodies produce. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 06/28/09  3:54pm
" wow we do learn something every day. i hope you get this checked out soon. good luck and hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/21/10  8:40pm
" i know exactly what your talking about and if i knew how to upload pictures to this sight i would post some to show you what it can do to some one with super sensitive skin, its horrific!in the last 3 months i have been to the drs 5 times the dermatologist twice and just recently the emergency room for a nice overnight stay only to be told they dont know and to be looked at like a freak or someone suffering from psycosis when you tell them that you have crystals coming out of your skin.i dont have lupus but i do have a duplex collective system (3 kidneys) and alot of the issues i have been dealing with in the past 2 yrs have been parallel to those assosiated with lupus, ie swelling of ankles and legs, urgency incontinence, severe abdominal distentionand and worst of all severe skin issues from rashes to sores and recurrant staph infections because of it,and basically feeling like utter crap alot of the time.i am only 30yrs old i wonder if it could be due to a disorder of the kidneys or from damage from previous infections.any ideas i would appreciate "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web