Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
sores in your hair?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Ummm ok how do I explain this one. Well this week I started wearing makeup to work again. The only makeup I use is for sincitive skin and it expincive. Im not sure if its the makeup causing this or if its lupus. I noticed about 2 weeks ago I have started to get little bitty sores in my hair. Like a little pimple or like an ant bit if that makes since. Today I got up and found 2 sores in my eyebrow and more in my hairline. Has this happend to any of ya'll? I know im in a flair but this has never happend. Please help............Jules
Posted on 01/11/08, 08:21 am
25 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/11/08  10:49pm
" I constantly have sores in my head. They sometimes bleed and my head itches. However, I have never had them on my eyebrows. I am currently having a flare and my DR. looked at my head and stated that it is common and they can get pretty bad at times. I notice that when I go off my prednisone it gets worse. Also, Neutrogena makes a shampoo and conditioner called T-GEL this seems to help a little especially with the itching. You might try it. Hope it goes away soon, I know it is irritating! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/11/08  3:52pm
" i suffer from sores and eyebrow sores that bleed and are very irritable - i use steriod cream to ease the ones on my face. But it makes me very self consious. just got over the a bad flare the sores have increased. Just go and see your GP for advise he was very helpfull - i also suffer from mouth sores. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/11/08  6:23pm
" My doctor calls them lupus lesion.I had a biopsy done on the ones on my scalp,the dr anesthetized the lesions with lidocaine/epinephrine,then on the next visit, the lesions was injected with kenalog.Sorry to say this procedure did not help.Steriod cream well ease the pain and you will get some healing,but i find mine never heal up completely Also Sun or flourescent lighting seem to make them worse.And alway wear a hat outdoors!Hope this helps,lisazz "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/11/08  9:11pm
" I get sores in my mouth which are painful when eatin are something salty or spicy.One of my dr. not rhemy told me the sores are not painful. are there anyone else out that have painful sores in mouth? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/11/08  11:36pm
" don't rule out something like Pemphigus - just another auto immune condition this resembles little bumps that contain clear liquid and it is itchy, if you get a biopsy done you will get a true picture of what the cause is and how to treat it "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/12/08  3:09am
" I have sores on my head in the same area all the time they seem to go away then come back. I thought at first it was my hairsray then I quit using hairsray and they returned. I notice they get really bad through my menstrual cycle. Yes I also have sores on my tongue that looks like ulcers that come and go mainly if Im in a flare and they are painful. Also I have found that selsom blue medicated shampoo helps with the sores on the head. Hope you find some thing that works for you.Take care "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/13/08  2:46am
" If you decide to go with a steroid cream, please check with your doc 1st. All the doc's that I work with will not order our patients any steroid cream that has a high % because too close to the eyes can cause blindness. Those of us in the Lupus community don't need to add anything else to our own set of problems. And, yes, I do get these at times. However, I also have Acute Febrile Neutrophilic Dermatosis and the sores or placques as they are called are 100 times bigger than my Lupus ones and much more painful. They require extremely high Prednisone dosages and they bleed all the ime untl they are completely healed up. I have one on my finger right now that I have been trying to heal for over 3 months. Good luck to you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/13/08  7:45am
" wow bugsma that sounds horable im so sorry. thanks for your help "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/13/08  10:38am
" i also have sores on my head start out like a little pimple then turns into a sore this topic has helped me alot i thought i was the only one thank you all "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/13/08  1:22pm
" those sores can be lupus related or discoid lupus.......it is common to get these sores on your scalp as well as having mouth sores/ulcers........I get them often as well......for the scalp I have tried many OTC products like T-Gel......Selsun Blue.......etc but none of these helped......then I found a natural home remedy that helped more than anything I ever tried.....it can also be used on your face as a facial cleanser........it is made with the Rosemary plant.........boil 3 or 4 small branches of rosemary in about 6 cups of distilled water....boil for 5 minutes.......cool this then bottle it & store it in the fridge.....rinse your hair with 1/2 cup of this concoction......dab it on facial sores using a cotton ball..........this preparation really helps stop any itching & is safe to use around the eye area if you get those sores in your eyebrows........another home remedy is to put a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of distilled water then dab on the sores or rince your hair with 1/2 cup of this mixture.........I have tried these remedies & they work for me "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web