Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Flare-ups due to emotional upheavals?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello,

My Question to all the Lupus/MCTD and Lupus Warriors members at the Daily Strenghts Forum is as follows:

I have a question which has been bothering me for some time:
Is it possible, that an emotional upheaval or an emotional trauma causes a Lupus/SLE flare-up and such a flare-up can last for many years, which leaves me in complete limbo, unable to do or achieve anything really ... for as long as this trauma/emotional upheaval lasts, which caused a severe flare-up in the first place ?

For example: I am under the impression that through my Lupus/SLE
my emotional barriers and my thick skin (which protects any other person) has been completely eroded (genetically?) since my birth and because of that I am "hit" much harder by emotional upheavals/traumas than healthy people who do NOT suffer from Lupus/SLE ?

I am beginning to believe that my disease SLE/MCTD has eroded genetically (?) my "psychological barriers", a barrier that protects healthy people. Can that be, and if, how come ?

"In the old days" I was usually trying to walk away from problematic situations, in order to avoid a flare-up, but these emotional upheavals/traumas were bothering me severely all the same and because of that I could not really avoid a flare-up, even if I tried.

Has anyone noticed such a problem as well?

Are there any tricks to train myself to develop such a barrier?

Why am I so oversensitive that emotional traumas and emotional upheavals cause me flare-ups, sometimes even life dangerous flare-ups? Is there any way to avoid that? (I mean, I can't possibly live in a glass house, but is there a way to develop a "thick skin" and be better protected?

How do you deal then with emotional upheavals/traumas? Do you also get flare-ups because of it?

Thank you from Kristina.
Posted on 06/22/13, 01:41 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 06/29/13  3:59pm
" @Kristina1
Most of the websites that mentioned the honey and cinnamon called for 1 teaspoon of each (honey and cinnamon) in a cup of warm water. I drink one or two cups per day. Some sites said to use up to 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, but I can't drink the warm tea with more than 1 teaspoon. But I do use cinnamon in other things, such as oatmeal or baking recipes.

Here is a website that talks about utilizing cinnamon alone for a UTI. I've not tried that, because I know raw honey has living organisms that are anti-bacterial. Using warm water doesn't kill these helpful organisms.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/4...

A few other things that my doctor told me to try for my UTI's are as follows:
1) cranberry supplements or pure 100% cranberry juice
2) do not drink tea, because of the tannins
3) take my natural anti-inflammatory every day (She said that inflammation can cause stickiness, which collects germs and other unhealthy things.)
Hope these things help. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 06/29/13  4:44pm
" Thank you, nanny1611 for the details about the drink and the other information, it is very much appreciated.

I use cinnamon regularly as well.
My favourite sweety (for two people) with cinnamon is the following:

Clean and peel three apples (any apples) and cut them into little pieces and put into a saucepan,
cover the apples with boiling water and sprinkle a mixture of 1 teaspoon of sugar plus half a teaspoon of cinnamon over the apples, put a handful of sultanas over the apples and cover the sultanas with 1-2 teaspoon of honey. Then stir everything and let it boil for about 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, try to "mash/press down" the apples a little but not completely Then put everything into two bowls and cover it with Rice Krispies ( I usually use Kelloggs). It is very delicious, quickly done and it does not cost much.

Thanks again and kind wishes from Kristina. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web