Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Shoulder blade pain...
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone else always have shoulder blade pain all the time that gets severe when flaring? They are always tender and hurt but when I flare they hurt horribly. I guess this is one of my more sensitive areas like my hands, wrists etc.
Posted on 04/18/11, 10:15 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/19/11  7:33am
" Mar,
I guess any area can be affected with inflammation. When I flare, a really achy part of my body is my spine and ribcage. It's usually tender but always hurts worse when I flare. I hope you feel better soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/19/11  9:11am
" Tomsmom thanks for your response. Everywhere hurts my ribcage hurts too and neck etc. BUT my shoulder blades are strange. I do not hear people complain about that part so I was wondering if that was abnormal. I am so sick of pain but I do count my many blessings. I hope you are doing well and your boys. Best wishes and gentle hugs. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/19/11  11:38am
" I get the same back pain all time it goes from my Neck to my lower back sometimes it will take my breath away if i move all of a sudden or move the worng way. my hands and feet hurt as well. as far as if it gets worse during a flare i can't tell yet since this is so new to me i am still trying to figure out what cause's my flares yet or what makes them worse. but the pain is constant unless i am on a high dose of Prednisone. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/19/11  12:05pm
" Hi mar1976. Shoulder pain is one of my worst areas. I am constantly having to stretch out the muscles there. I have pain in most areas (also have fibro), but mostly it is pretty under control right now... I hope to never have a big flare again. I too have areas more sensitive than others. the number one area for me is my hands too, as they hurt in one way or another all the time.

I hope you have a great day! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/19/11  12:52pm
" I have had it in my shoulder blade area so bad that it brings tears when I try to take off a sweater or put on a coat. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/19/11  7:55pm
" Thank you for all of your responses. I am sorry for all of your pain. I flare so often I do not know if it has been just one flare over a couple of years. I have good days which I still can hardly do much. overlook, I guess this is just one of our bad spots. Best wishes and gentle hugs to all. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/21/11  1:01am
" I have pain in my shoulder blade area and sometimes you can hear it crackling around really bad I guess from inflammation. Sometimes I try to lay down with a heating pad on it to help soothe the pain. I get back pain and neck pain all over though when I flare. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/21/11  11:53am
" Another thing with people in chronic pain ie lupus and fibro they tend to develop chronic myofacial pain. There will be knots that need to be massaged out. Something you may want to check out. I have it the worst in neck and shoulder pain. hugs Marilyn "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/25/11  7:13am
" I've had the shoulder pain for over 15 years, probably the first sign that i had problems. They have gotten worse over time and now they are constantly painful. Some days bearable, other days not so bearable.
I have other pain in my wrists, fingers, hips, back, neck, knees on and off but the shoulders are non stop. Unfortunately the doctors think that they are not caused by the lupus and are unsure why they are painful. I am currently on Plaquinil and just stopped prednisolone because i found that my shoulders were not improving with the pred anyway. They click when i move them and they flare up differently depending on the weather. They always get worse before my menstrual period. ive tried different levels of pain meds and find that they dont work. Sleeping is often difficult and i have limited movement in them which differs day to day.

Hope you are feeling better, just know that you are not alone. Cheers. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/27/11  2:38pm
" Thanks for all of your responses they really helped. Best wishes and gentle hugs to all. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web