Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Lupus and Bruising
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hey y'all!
I keep getting these unexplained bruises all over my body? I don't remember bumping into anything, yet still I keep bruising! Does this happen to anyone else?
Hugs, Niecy.
Posted on 10/17/07, 12:39 am
31 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/17/07  6:12am
" Hi Niecy,
I have lots of bruises-mostly on my legs, some that have been there since April! My rheumy said they were a sign of lupus- of course! Have a great day! Lyn "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/17/07  8:15am
" YES, I HAVE THEM ALL OVER BOTH LEGS, WHEN I ASKED MY RHEUM SHE SAID IT'S APART OF LUPUS. YEA, BLAME EVERYTHING ON LUPUS. I WENT TO THE MEDICINE DR. AND HE'S RUNNING TEST TO MAY SURE THAT THEY ARE NOT FROM BLOOD CLOTS. HANG IN THERE KID IT'S GOT TO GET BETTER FOR US ALL. BIG HUG....:>)BELIEF "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/17/07  1:07pm
" Bruises are a mainstay of this disease, I think. Not only just small bruises, but hemmoraging into my legs when I get a bump or bruise. They seem to last forever. I am trying arnica montana and arnica cream from the homeopathic store. Will keep you posted. Oh, also heard that drinking pineapple juice helps quell bruising...
Rosemary "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/17/07  1:36pm
" THANK YOU FOR ASKING!!!! I have been getting bruises, big and small and some really ugly, I never thought it was related...and I never remember bumping into anything or getting hurt in any way. keep me in the loop!! hugs, Jen "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/17/07  6:35pm
" Are you taking prednisone? One of the side of effects of prednisone is thinning skin, thus making it susceptible to easy bruising. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/18/07  1:32pm
" Well I am on coumadine so brusing is a way of life but I get these little round purple dots. I showed them to the MD and you'll never guess what they said! Yeah it's from the lupus.Even has a name for it that I cannot think of right now.
Watch for bleeding gums, that and brusing may be a sign of something not good. You should see your doctor to be safe.........DJM "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/18/07  3:29pm
" Glad someone asked!!! I have been getting small to medium bruises on my legs for about 15 years - starts in the spring and lasts through fall every year. No Dr. ever could figure it out, not even the blood work. Until now, with my rheumatologist, who says it is a trait of lupus.
But I never knew of anyone else who experienced these. Interesting!
Yvonne "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/18/07  10:44pm
" I keep getting brusies also, and rashes under my arm pit, I get sick once a month. Really strange, no one seems to understand. Depressed alot, feel like I am nuts. i am hoping to fine some comfort here. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/15/11  9:51pm
" im getting bruises aswell, i have them on my chin and on my legs.... im also having yellow spots... i have all the syptoms of lupus but my 1 blood test came back negative n my doctors brushed it off when they were theones who told me about my sypmtoms seem like i have lupus... r u getting yellow spots aswell? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/16/11  5:42pm
" I also have lots of bruising, especially on my legs. They last forever !!!
I recently had tons of bloodwork done by a hemotolgist/oncologist, so I asked him about all the bruising. He said there was no need to worry about them unless I starting actually bleeding. Like bloody nose, or from rectum, etc.

So, I guess the thinning of skin causes the bruises to show more, Oh, all this is so crazy and in one word, SUCKS!!!!!

MyaR, I have NO yellow spots. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web