Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Chills and Sweats But No Fever?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
For the past 24 hours it seems that my internal thermostat is broken! I keep breaking out in a sweat soon followed by chills. It kept me awake last night it was so severe. I would have sworn that I had a fever, but my temp was completely normal. Does anyone else have any symptoms like this? I have no idea if this is related to my Lupus or if it is something else entirely (like peri-menopause, ect)
Posted on 03/08/09, 06:00 pm
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Lupus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/08/09  6:03pm
" Gosh - i go through this at a drop of a hat i could be waiting in a line at the supermarket or just sat watching telivison. My remmuy said it was a side effect from my Tramdol pain meds.

Ann "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/08/09  6:20pm
" Thanks for the reply! I am not on Tramadol and haven't started any meds lately except for the plaquenil and prednisone two months ago. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/08/09  7:13pm
" Have you gone through menopause yet? Those could be hot flashes. With SLE patients, sometimes we hit menopause early, sometimes late, sometimes on time.

But feeling hot and cold with no fever often is meno or peri-menopause....

Tracy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/08/09  9:27pm
" I think Tracey is on to something...I get hot/cold with a fever when flaring. I do however get the hot, hot, with no fever...my GP says I am perimenopausal and galloping towards menopause at a great rate. The last time I visited my gynaecologist the scans showed I was "dumping eggs" at a fair clip. So maybe you have a bit of a hormonal thing going on. I'd mention it at your next appointment...if you mark out the days on a calendar, you may find if it is hormonal a pattern will emerge. Hope you feel better soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/09/09  9:48am
" I know I've experienced those sensations when I'm over tired. I may on the outside "think" I feel fine as in not yawning etc. etc., but my body is telling me it's had enough, the tank has run dry. I usually just take the clue & sleep if it's possible. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/09/09  12:02pm
" I started menopause when I was 47. Was on HRT for about 4 years. It helped. I am now 52 and was diagnosed with Lupus this past fall. Being on steriods and menopausal is no joke!! I believe you are having hot flashes, it can happen during the day, or it seems, more frequently at night. See your family doc or gyne. Take Care xox "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/09/09  4:49pm
" I noticed that you're 47 yo. You may be going through perimenopause or menopause because the symptoms you describe sounds like the hot flashes that we go through during that time of "change". "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/09/09  6:13pm
" Thanks for everyone's replies. I think it must be peri-menopause. Whatever it was, it is better today all the way around (have been pretty much out of commision for the past two days) I can't believe how this disease can totally knock you off your feet one day to the point where you can't get out of bed and then the next day you feel a little more like you did pre-lupus and can actually participate in life. I am thankful for every day that I get like that! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/09/09  8:53pm
" my gyn says for me to try black cohash to help with the hot flashes. you should know in 2 weeks whether it will work for you. it does help. good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/10/09  1:01pm
" This happens to me all the time. I hate it. My rheumy told me it was a sign that my lupus was active. When it happens I cannot do the littlest thing without breaking out in a sweat. I wake up in the morning and my pj's and sheets are soaking wet, and like you I have been awaken in the middle of the night due to being too hot or having chills. My temp is always normal. My doc said this has nothing to do with possible early menopause, but has everything to do with lupus and probably some of the meds we are on could add to it.

Melissa "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web