Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
New here.....difficulty coping
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello everybody. My name is Donna. I am 58 years old, married for almost 35 years, no children. I am a full time medical transcriber for three neurologists and I work from home. I am currently on medical leave.

I completed treatment for breast cancer in April of 2011 (lumpectomy and radiation), and four months later was discovered to have lung cancer, limited stage. PET scan showed no spread. I just finished prophylactic brain radiation, and before that 33 radiation treatments to the tumor and six rounds of chemotherapy (cisplatin and etoposide). The chemo made me so sick I thought I was going to die. I had to be hospitalized twice during chemo for a blood transfusion. My latest scan showed no cancer that could be seen and it was decided that no more chemo would be needed at this time. I am to have a repeat scan and blood work some time in April to see if anything has changed.

I'm very appreciative to have found this group as I desperately need to talk to somebody who understands. I am having a lot of depression and anxiety since learning of my diagnosis, and I don't know how to cope with all of this. I am normally such an upbeat and happy person, and I miss that immensely. I am scared out of my mind. I'm just not ready to die.

I believe in God and have been praying A LOT. I also have many wonderful friends who are praying for me.

I really do not want to resort to anti-depressants or anti-anxiety drugs to get through this and was wondering how you all cope. I really need to try and clear my head and find peace with all of this. Meditation does not seem to be doing the trick.

Does anyone have any advice out there?

I hope I get to know you all and hope I will be able to deliver some support for those in need.
Posted on 02/23/12, 02:44 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lung Cancer. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/26/12  12:12pm
" Hello? Anybody out there? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/26/12  5:29pm
" Hi, Donna.
Am I reading this right that you are cancer free today? If so, Praise the Lord! I am still fighting mine, so I haven't had to experience the fear of it coming back. I long for that day.

You have had to beat this demon back twice now, so I can only imagine your fears. You are a believer, so believe that your God is with you no matter what. That definitely helps me.

I have also been reading a blog from a woman with lung cancer. It is for the most part light hearted, faith inspiring, and an enjoyable read. Www.tablegrace.net

I will be praying for calm, strength and peace for you. I ask that you do the same for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/26/12  8:04pm
" Hello, millydee, and thank you for your reply. Yes, I am cancer free according to my last scan.

Thank you for your prayers, and I certainly will do the same for you. I will also check out the blog you recommended.

BIG HUG! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web