Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Life expectancy with one lung?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Also, what is the life expectancy with only one lung? All cancer is clear, lets say but, only have one lung?
Posted on 08/01/07, 11:00 pm
4 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Lung Cancer. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/02/07  4:04pm
" My sisters mother in law, had one lung removed 5 years ago and she's doing quite well.
So I wouldn't worry to much about it.
But good questions, I hope some more knowledgable person on lung cancer will be able to give you more input.
Good luck dear
Mckenzie
One day at the time "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/05/07  9:52pm
" Sunnyheart,

Without any further information there is no way to answer your question.
I lost both of my upper and lower left lobes a year ago last month. I was stage 1B adenocarcinoma, and had chemo after the surgery and am now NED (No evidence of disease) My oncologist said in my case I would have a 25% to 35% of mets. (reoccurance) somewhere else in five years. After that the odds are better than excellent that I won't have a reoccurance of lung cancer mets. So for me it's now one year down and four to go!

Wishing you well "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/06/07  12:32pm
" We have a family friend who has been living with one lung since he had one removed due to cancer NINE years ago and he is still going strong! Keep the faith! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/07/07  2:35pm
" To explain some more, this family member had a lung removed for other reasons beyond cancer. He was young when it was removed and not sure, exactly why but, it came to me over the concern for my other family member who does have lung cancer and probably will end up with removal of one lung.....so, it applies here for both thoughts I was having. Hope this helps clarify my initial question. Thank you... "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web