Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
I'm tired of feeling like this
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
When is it my turn to have that special person in my life?
I am so tired of feeling so lonely, so helpless. I thought I would have started feeling better by now since it is spring, but if anything, I feel worse - I don't have anyone to spend my free time with to do fun things or just to stay in. I go to school, come home, have a nap and make a dinner for one, every night. I joined a volleyball team for the winter, but now I could care less if I haven't been there for the past few weeks.

Everyone has told me to smile and be confident, then I will find someone, but how can I when I had a crappy past regarding relationship (or lack of). When I thought my closest friends would always be there for me, no matter that I live in a different continent now. I have discovered who my true friends are and I wouldn't trade it for anything (almost anything - my family means a lot to me too), but they all have a special someone. Isn't high school and university time to explore and have short or long relationships and see how they turn out? Is there a sign above my head warning people not to dare come close? Is it wrong of me to know someone and know that they are mine, and I am theirs?
Posted on 04/29/13, 04:35 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Loneliness. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/29/13  4:58pm
" Even some of the rich and famous are lonely. Both Jenny McCarthy
and Martha Stewart attempted to find someone on Match.com. Martha Stewart said she couldn't get through the application - possibly a question regarding have you ever been incarcerated.
Jenny McCarthy said (on The View) that she used her sister's picture -
they can't really say who they are until they get to know someone, but before she actually met the guy, she created a second profile, and the same guy told her totally different info. She was being less than truthful to try to find someone who might like her, not just want to date a star, but he was just a liar. That's pretty unbelievable. No amount of money, success, beauty, etc. guarantees a happy romantic relationship, or even the possibility. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/29/13  5:02pm
" That is interesting, PintesetFan.

It is a little comforting to know, but I just realized that is has almost been 6 years since my last (and only) relationship, which lasted not even 3 months. =( I just feel like it is about time something changes.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/29/13  10:52pm
" I don't know if it still exists, but speed dating seemed like such a fun,
interesting thing. There should be more choices, more oppurtunities.

Wishing good things for you, and soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/30/13  4:11pm
" I am married and been with him for 10 yrs and I feel so lonely. my closes friends say that im there everything and that they would always be here for me. but every time i ty to hang out tehy back away my excuses and my family keep pushing me away. I wish i knew what i was doing wrong my hubby works a lot and never spends a lot of time with me unless its in front of the tv. I am here for you and welling to be your friend "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/30/13  5:15pm
" Your only 20 so at least you have time.Your beautiful so I find it hard to believe that you have a hard time finding a guy or girl.You should try match.com It worked for my brother.He has been happily married for 6 years now,and they are perfect for each other!
I am married,I have been with him since we were kids,he cheated on me and I realized I truly have nobody.I feel so alone.I don't have any friends where we moved and it sucks. Sometimes I feel like death would be welcome then there are days that aren't so bad and i feel like maybe things will get better.Anyway sorry for all that,my advice is put yourself out there.You deserve to be happy :) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web