Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Inconsistencies with lactose and pain
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi, new here but recently I have noticed I get severe stomach cramps/bloating whenever I have milk products. I haven't been to a doc but I am certain I have it so I am diagnosing myself with lactose intolerance.

Anyway...the point of this thread is to state my inconsistencies with stomach cramping. I'll consume the same amount of dairy whether its milk, yogurt, or whey protein and I'll have cramps one time and another time I wont. The thing is, I'll consume the exact same thing and it seems on and off. For example, I had oatmeal with a scoop of whey protein last night. I was perfectly fine. Tonight I did the usual, one scoop of protein and a cup of oatmeal but now I am experiencing pain. Is this something anyone experiences? Is it normal? I am going to my doc to get checked soon so save me the 'check with the doc' advice :).
Posted on 09/12/11, 03:31 am
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Lactose Intolerance. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/13/11  7:23am
" Yes I think this normal. It seems to be multiple factors, for me it's the combination of foods. For example when I drink coffee it makes it much worse. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/14/11  2:04pm
" Thanks for the reply! I seem to be getting more and more sensitive lately. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/26/11  8:33am
" It depends on the food. Some lactose containing foods like cheese and high fibre stuff take a longer time to 'release' their lactose (can be up to 12 hours later).

Also certain foods like lots of coffee, etc can mess with your digestive system as well. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/07/11  10:03am
" As overlook says, it's the combination of food. I found that I am very sensitive to the fat content of certain foods and to spices. So if you mix the dairy with french fries or something fatty, you will get more bloating. Also, the higher fat content of the dairy, the harder it is to digest and break down. This is why I can eat 0% yogourt in the morning, but have trouble with fancy cheeses. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/26/11  10:06pm
" I have the same thing occur. It can be frustrating. Hang in there. :-) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web