Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Trying to find a physician
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi, I'm Lauri and new here. I have a 30 y/o son with KTW primarily affecting his lower extremities. He had two surgeries in the early 80's at the University Of Michigan with Dr. Markley, a plastic surgeon, do do ray amputations of 5 toes and debulking. His care was then transfered to Dr. DeVito, an orthopedic doctor who removed growth plates and performed reconstructive surgery. Unfortunately, Dr. DeVito passed away several years ago and he has not seen a Dr. primarily for his KTW. His left lower extremity is more involved than his right and lately has had worsening of symptoms...particularly swelling, pain and sever skin dryness. A month and a half ago he developed a pulmonary embolism and can't help but wonder if his KTW may have played a part in this development. No DVT was found and no one seems to know how he developed the pulmonary embolism. He was refered to a vascular surgeon who is not familiar with KTW. Is there a physician in Michigan who my son could be referred to to manage his condition? I would appreciate any suggestions or direction at all. Thanks! Lauri
Posted on 04/22/10, 12:06 am
2 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/23/12  5:36pm
" I know of A doctor in Minnesota and cleveland. ir you are will to travel. And yes KTWS may have played a big part in the blood clot. Patients with KTWS are at high risk for them. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/21/12  11:42pm
" Lauri, I have k-t and the same thing happend with me. I have had 2 pulmonary embolisms and they didn't find minde it my leg either. I have right arm and shoulder involvement. Basically the whole right side of my body is bigger. Hope this has helped. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web