Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Help, feels like Im peeing razors
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Ok, so I've had stones since January, so I know what it feels like to pass them...however, now I'm having a symptom I dont remember having before. When I urinate it feels like I'm peeing razor blades and on top of that it feels like something is stuck in my urethra. I saw my urologist yesterday and I have no infection. I am doing a 48 hr urine test now to see whats causing the stones...so I know its not an infection...could it be a stone that I'm trying to pass? I've passed one as big as 6mm but have never had the pain I'm having.
Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
Thanks,
JS
Posted on 07/10/08, 09:46 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Kidney Stones. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/11/08  1:56am
" I have no idea. All the stones I've had, either just get stuck in my tube or float back up into my kidney and live there. I hate STONES!!!!!!!! ugh. Sorry Im having a really bad day and Im sick of all this PAIN management shit! I just want to be normal Ive had stones for 4 years and getting my first litho on the 18th, only on one kidney though, who knows about the other one and what damage is going on in there! UGHHHHHH "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/21/08  6:20pm
" ohhhhhhh im hearin ya there rickeyandkevinsmomma....i have a stone at the moment that is only 2.8mm and is sucking the life out of me..im asleep all the time, getting depressed from the constant pain and discomfort, a very short fuse and generally feeling like crap.

i know you posted your msg ages ago but sending you lots of hugs from australia "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/22/08  6:13am
" that is how I feel when I have UTI's - terrible pain, I couldnt stand this all the time - I do hope you get rid of this sweetie..omgggg.........hugs Cathrynn X "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/30/08  10:51am
" I felt exactly what you are describing when I was trying to pass a stone that was about 3mm. It felt awful; I was convinced that I had the UTI from hell. The urologist said I just had to wait it out. Not to be disgusting, but are you bleeding when you pee as well? If so, you are probably getting ready to pass it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/02/08  9:18pm
" JS
I wish I could tell you sometihing to help. I have had stones since 1965 and had many problems. I have learned a lot here http://www.drleslie.org and there is a good book he helped write. Also there is a Yahoo kidney stone board I belong to. I have not seen anyone post anything like that there, but I have only been active for a bit more than a year.

Trish "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/11/08  1:37am
" I would call the urologist. Pyridium will help with the pain. I usually have that razer blade pain when I have a UTI/bladder infection. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/25/08  7:31pm
" Stones are a huge bitch. I started getting them 4 years ago and have had a neuphrostomy tube and stent put in twice now most recently a couple weeks ago. I have a 9mm stone sitting in my left kidney causing all sorts of havoc. There gonna go in and take it out in a couple weeks but man is it horrible. I hope they can help you and find out whats going on. I'm with u on this one! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 06/26/12  12:42am
" I am feeling the same way, I have a kidney stone about 4mm and now I feel like i am urinating razor blades and I also feel like I have something stuck in my vagina. I did have a UTI along with my stone but after my antibiotics were gone i took another urine test and it came back with no infections down there. I am sick of having this feeling and I just want it gone. Do you think my stone can be lodged in my vagina and just hasn't passed yet?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 06/27/12  10:49pm
" Hi there,

In addition to having kidney stones, I also have a bladder condition called interstitial cystitis. It is chronic inflammation of the bladder walls. For the most part it just makes me have to pee very often with no pain, but every once and a while I have a flare up where it is extremely painful and I describe it as peeing razors and feeling like I have a stick stuck up me. It does sound like you may have this, so it might be something to look into. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web