Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Post Transplant Advice Needed
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi, I just had a transplant a month ago and had the first two stiches taken out yesterday. I am in so much pain I can hardly stand it!!! The doctor said it is normal to feel some discomfort for 24 hrs but almost 48 hours later I am in almost as much ain as i was in the day after surgery. It feels like there is still come stick left. How much pain is normal when stiches are removed? Does it get any better? When does the pain go away? Help!!!!
Posted on 06/29/08, 01:59 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Keratoconus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/05/10  7:38pm
" do u have an update on your eyes? do you reccomend a transplant? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/07/11  8:37am
" hi there

I am guessing you had a corneal transplant? I had one many years ago and don't remember having that kind of pain but i know everyone recovers at their own rate. I would have the stitched out and be sore for a day but then I wouldn't have much if any pain. I am sorry you are going through this and I hope it gets better for you :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/02/11  5:46pm
" I totally can understand what you are saying. I have had 3 cornea transplants and it is very hard to deal with. I would try to ask your doctor if you could wear a bandage contact till your eye feels better. I really truly understand the frustration because I am having a cornea rejection and my left eye is driving me crazy. I am so sorry that this is happening to you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/03/12  4:50am
" I just had the cornea transplant 3 weeks ago, so far I have not had any stitches removed, I am however in alot of pain and that is due to the new cornea being scratched, Doctor said at night time there was a "cell build up" which led to scratching of my new donor cornea. All you can do is keep positive and ask him to give you some pain medicine, this whole process (cornea transplant) has made me very anxious and worried all the time, so I am asking him on Monday when I see him for a pain killer/sedative to help me sleep at night. Maybe you want to ask him for a drop or special pain med to help you feel comfortable. I wish you a speedy recovery!

-Martin "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web