Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
post treatment observation
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
hi everybody

i got diagnosed with keratoconus earlier this year and i have been using rgp lenses since then. my keratoconus was a side-effect of my lasik surgery. i had a very high degree of myopia (-8 and -10) and although the doctors performed lasik, now i realized that my cornea was apparently not thick enough.

i have adapted to my new rgp lenses for kertoconus quite well and they have given me almost 20/20 vision (from 20/200). however i get the feeling that my two eyes have been "fixed" individually. what i mean to say is that my eyesight with each eye individually is much better than both combined. i seem to have different focal points for each eye. i think because of that my one eye has also become smaller. one day i was looking at myself in the mirror and got freaked out by how small my left eye was. then i went back and looked at some of my old photographs to see how far back this went and i noticed that the size has reduced since i started wearing my rgp lenses. i know this may sound a little strange, but i am really worried about this. has anybody else heard or experienced something like this?

any insight into this will be really helpful.
Posted on 07/24/11, 03:06 pm
0 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Keratoconus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help

Advertisement

More From Around the Web