Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
RGP
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been wearing RGPs for 2 months. I'm on my 3rd pair now and my doctor just ordered me my 4th pair. I'm having a really hard time dealing with them. They get cloudy and dry all the time, even with using 2 types of wetting drops. Also, there is a definite line on the bottom and outside of the lenses that is always in my line of vision. It's incredibly distracting and it hasn't gone away. Has anyone had similar experiences? I;m getting frustrated and upset that this treatment will be this difficult to live with.
Posted on 10/04/10, 08:33 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Keratoconus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/06/10  9:14am
" I had the same lenses i eventually gave up, the pain that came with it just wasn't worth it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/06/11  3:13am
" SueMarie,
Stay strong and keep fighting! I have battled the samething you have. Turns out that a lot of the trouble I had with dryness and discomfort was ocular allergies! My Doctor gave me some eye drops for allergies, the otc versions did nothing, and it really helped! The eye drops that he gave me are called Pataday. They are not for everyone. Ask your eye doctor if they may be right for you.

Also the multiple lenses to try before you get the right fit is normal for people with our eyes. :-( But you can do it. Also ask if your eye doctor has other patients with KC. If not you might want to discreetly ask around to see if you have a physician in the area that has a few.

Charles "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/27/11  5:13am
" they go dry and its so bad to wear RGP "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/28/11  10:10pm
" Did you try being fitted with Soft contacts prior to RGP's? I would suggest wearing the soft contacts if at all possible before wearing RGP's. The problem is that RGP's are hard on the cornea's and if you have a Keratoconus they will cause your cornea's to become thin and weaker requiring a transplant or intacs in time. Plus they are painful and the soft lenses wear much more comfortably without much of the drying caused by RGP's. Hope this helps! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/28/11  10:13pm
" If you can't see out of the soft contacts by themselves try the piggyback method. This is when you wear a soft with a hard on top. Lot's of doc's don't like to use but it will save most of the discomfort and won't result in you becoming contact lens intolerant as fast as RGP's alone. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web