Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
To all those with keratoconuses
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Dear All

I was diagnosed with Keratoconuses about 2 years ago. I first began to have headaches and then noticed that I became sensitive to light and that the way I saw light was different with streaking going on. I went to the opticians who referred me to the NHS. I have been going back and forth to the NHS for the past years with my right eye where the vision has become quite bad. The consultant at the hospital advised me that I could carry on as I am with glasses or try contact lenses. So I decided to give contact lenses ago. The optometrist struggled finding a lens for my eye but eventually found a soft lens to go in it. I kept going back for frequent checkups and noticed that my left I was deteriorating quite fast as well. After my last visit with the NHS, which was very disappointing as they couldn’t find new lenses to fit my eyes, I made a decision to have cross linking treatment. I wasn’t sure about going ahead with this because my better eye was only suitable for treatment at this stage. There was a small chance of complications which I was worried about but decided to risk it and it was worth it. I am still in the early recovery stage but as soon as the treatment was done I was able to see much better than before the operation. At the moment things are a bit hazy but that is quite normal after the first week of the operation. I did experience a bit of discomfort but it was just for a day. I advice anybody with Keratconuses to consider Cross linking treatment if they haven’t don’t so already. My only regret is not having gone earlier.
Posted on 09/20/10, 09:30 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Keratoconus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/24/10  4:29pm
" What is cross linking? I have never heard of that. I am all for anything that works! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/30/11  6:56am
" Did your vision continue to improve over time? I just had it done 2 weeks ago and am still waiting to see if my vision will improve. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web