Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
papaya enzyme
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
there is a disscussion on papaya enzyme on the crohn's group. Does anyone here use it?
Posted on 09/19/08, 07:47 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/19/08  9:37am
" If your bowel is really sensitive , dun try it...or do it bit by bit. I feel so painful after taking it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/19/08  11:04am
" I have some but was going to wait until my Dr. appointment next Wednsday. I want to see what he is going to recommend.
I have UC and so far I have taken xifaxan and been told to eat high fiber. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/19/08  11:58am
" Papaya is a good digestive enzyme. I take them after every meal according to directions on bottle. I have never had any problems with them and if my meal starts to make my stomach unsettled, I definitely take them and feel fine shortly thereafter. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/19/08  3:08pm
" I have been reading about this just today,it sounds really good, someone who had had lots of problems had been taking it and is now much better, I am going to look into it.Nothing was said about pain though!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/19/08  4:30pm
" i found this yesterday which I thought was very interesting:

"Papaya is an excellent treatment for digestive disorders and extremely useful for any disturbances of the gastrointestinal tract. Papain, the powerful enzyme in Papaya, helps to dissolve and digest protein, thus easing stomach ailments and indigestion. (Because papain breaks down tough meat fibers, it is often used in restaurants and is the major ingredient in commercial meat tenderizers!) Papaya has been effective in easing heartburn and is given to treat dyspepsia and gastric catarrh. Papaya also stimulates the appetite.
Papaya's enzyme, papain, not only digests protein, but it extends its activity to digesting carbohydrate. Papain also breaks down wheat gluten, which may be helpful for those suffering from Celiac disease. Those who have difficulty digesting starchy foods, such as breads, cereals and potatoes, might find great relief in including Papaya in their diets.
Papaya helps to settle a nervous and upset stomach and the queasy feelings often associated with travel and motion sickness. It has also been helpful in relieving morning sickness."

But nothing about pain! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/19/08  10:11pm
" I have tried it. Did nothing for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/20/08  4:14pm
" Thanks for the tip. Iwill give it a try. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web