Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Bentyl and Reglan
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was prescribed these meds for the cramping bloating and constipation. Anyone have any experience with these meds. I took them at work, hope I dont get too tired.
Posted on 09/23/10, 12:28 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/25/10  6:09pm
" I was prescribed reglan: it was good for cramping, and nausea, but for me it disturbed my sleep (wild dreams I didn't like).

As for Bentyl: I was allergic; I broke out into a red rash all over my body that lasted 4 days. The Doc said that was rare.

For pain and bloating and gas I take OTC Phazyme; it works great!

Good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/25/10  11:53pm
" Bentyl works great for me. It has never affected sleep or any other system in my body but the digestive system. However, at first my doctor prescribed too much - I was taking it several times a day and consequently getting no warning! Just had to run! Now I only take it as needed - to ease when it is flaring and soothes and relaxes those muscles....it's been very helpful in that way for my situation.

Let us know how it works for you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/27/10  12:59pm
" I use bentyl. took a few weeks to totally take effect, but now it is pretty helpful.

I also get bloating and take Acidophilus (a probiotic) for that. Sort of works. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/08/10  10:44am
" New here- went to GI doc after all other tests failed to determine cause of bloating & lots of 24/7 pain for over 2 months now. Don't have constipation or diahreah at any time either! So this Dr.prescribed Bentyl. I'm going to give it a week or two before give up on it. Doesn't seem to be doing anything for pain in groin. Had GYN ultrasound too- no cause found. Tired & miserable with non stop pain tho. Just my luck- I have to get a "mystery ailment" that nobody can pin down the cause from! :( "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web