Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Healing IC
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I would like to share my IC experience and how I cured mine naturally. Of course doctors say I'm in remission but I disagree. I purchased a book called To Wake in Tears one of many books by the same author. I read everyone of them and followed everything she did. I would like to reccommend each one of you try this. It safed my life. Colostrum and multi-enzymes. Start with 2 a day work your way up to 8 to 10 a day of Colostrum I took 8 a day for a year. 2 multi-enzymes twice a day.

My Ic was so severe I was house bound IBS comes along with it and so does Fibromyalga. I was miserable nothing helped me. Elmiron made my hair fall out so I said to heck with doctors and synthetic drugs. I changed my diet. Eliminated al acidic foods: tomatoes, orange juice, ketchup, caffeine, sodas. I drank nothing but bottled water and beer it seemed to numb the bladder. It was a long battle (3 years) but I haven't had IC in 2 years now.

For the IBS I took 3 acidophulus pills a day with the multi enzymes it worked.
Good luck and I ordered from puritanpride or any vitamin shop online sells this stuff. But now I have Chronic Tendonosis.
Posted on 10/20/09, 02:02 am
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Interstitial Cystitis (IC). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/22/09  9:18am
" I'm very sorry to hear that you have chronic tendonosis. Is there a cure for it? I'm glad that you have gotten rid of your IC. Congratulations! I know, it is such a long and hard road to recovery. I hope you continue to stay in good health. Thank you for sharing your story and good luck. Please keep us posted. :)

Laura "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/23/09  4:53pm
" I have had IC for 27 years as of Aug 29th this year. I would have to agree with the doctor it is in remission.

Our bodies are intelligent machines and I would recommend that no one take 8 pills per day our bodies have enough work to do without processing more chemicals. We already live in a toxic soup why add more.

I have a period of remission for 8 years and then wham. I had another remission that lasted 4 years then wham.

I am happy for anyone who is in remission trust me, it is what we hope for, pray for.

The other option is managing the disease. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/23/09  4:57pm
" Also if you have co-existing illness and your on medication you have no idea what is or isn't working for what ails you.

The reason why the medical profession does not like to give out pain meds because pain is how your body tells you something is wrong and if we don't know we can't work on it. Pt does wonders with those who stick with and continue with it even when there is no pain. Yoga and breathing are also fantastic. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/25/09  12:19am
" Colostrum and acidophulus is natural not synthetic chemical. It's breast milk. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/25/09  10:01am
" Once anything is processed into the form of a pill or put into a box it is no longer natural. It called marketing. If you where getting colostrum right from breast it may be beneficial and I might add that people are paying enormous money for real colostrum. We actually have breast milk banks that will pay for colostrum because they are using it experimentally on cancer patients. The things is big big bucks.

Don't be fool by the packaging.

Your body is an intelligent machine and when we put products like probiotics into we make it work harder.

When it comes to IC and Chronic pelvic pain..........we manage or go into remission. There is no cure and if there where we would not all be here. Here and there we have people who are either in remission or managing it with things like physical therapy, yoga, relaxation, stress reduction techniques. The people who manage are the ones who stick to doing these exercises and techniques on a daily basis even when there is no pain.

The whole Idea is to manage to have quality of life and taking care of our bodies in all aspect.

Natural is what you pick out of a garden, off a tree.............!

I am truly happy for anyone who goes into remission, for an person with IC it is like a Miracle has happened in there lives.

Also friends keep in mind that one person illness is not yours. Some people actually have just an over active bladder or simply have a cystic bladder but most of us have chronic pelvic pain, ibs, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, joint pain........................

This is not meant to correct but rather a dose of reality. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/25/09  8:36pm
" jleehugs,
Everyone is entitled to an oppinion,
but your response is really uncalled for.
Name calling only shows ignorance and
I am sure I speak for others when I say
DS is no place to voice such a negative
attitude. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/25/09  9:37pm
" jleehugs do you realize that when someone develops IC they will always have IC? and another thing ICish has taken time and effort to help us woman with managing our pain and she has done just that for quite a few woman. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/25/09  9:51pm
" Dear Jleehugs:

I am sorry you feel that I am an idiot. I am sorry that for you that you are offended, usually when a person reacts negatively to someone else's opinion or even a fact it has to do with your own insecurity.

You don't have to believe me, ask your doctor what the natural form of colostrum is and google probiotics and you will see that Market America make over 3 billion dollars per year on this one supplement alone.

Our bodies are intelligent machines and you merely have to eat enough vegetable and fruits in a day to get all the vitamins, mineral and nurtrients that your body needs.

Don't you think it sad that the country you live in is calling all of us American lazy. When they approve medications or tell us to take vitamins it is because they figure that we won't eat good and we won't exercise regularly or take care of our bodies because they see this everyday. Therefore we are all group together.

People who take care of them selves are group in the minority.

You really should know your facts before you jump the gun and call people names.

I wish you the very best.

Having IC for 27 years does not make me and idiot , it is unfortunate, and I have had remissions last up to 8 years. And my IC is now been managed for 5 years. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/25/09  11:34pm
" OMG ladies we are here to help each other not argue we get enough of that in our daily lifes. As we speak remission is correct. My bladder feels like it has a razor blade in it . All this stress makes everything worse. My Chronic Tendinosis is enough to make me wish I was dead but for the IC and the IBS to come back in full force is alittle to much to handle. No more tomatoes for me. I'm not here to make people fight I need help and want to give help. I'm not gonna sweat the small stuff. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/26/09  12:36am
" Tendonshurt:

There is no OMG.........no argument. We all have the right to our opinions and no one should be calling anyone an idiot.

I am not bothered.

wishing u well "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web