Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
ic or ovarian cancer
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I see a lot of similiar symptoms of both...I have been to multiple docs and tests..I have been sick 4 months...I was told possible ic,but have burning in urethra,frequent urinatiion,pain under ribs above belly button,constipation once in a while..so on...I had cystoscopy, no infection but told cystitus because of inflammation in there. had cat scan and had a ovarian cyst and fibroid--followed uo with 2 transvaginal..cyst went away..fibroid there.. I notice many with ic have cysts or endemetriosis ,pain in bellys?
Posted on 05/28/09, 02:45 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Interstitial Cystitis (IC). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/28/09  7:50pm
" I went through the same thing. I did not know where the pain was originating. My first course of action was a visit to my GYN. The bladder is located right in front of the uterius so the PAIN can be confusing. The pain I was suffering was intense. My GYN found cyst and of course fibroids. She told me not to worry, every uterius in world has fibroids. They will shrink after menopause.

However she suggested the PAIN I was experiencing was more intense than it would have been if I had ovarian cancer and she was right.

My suggestion would be, just following the IC diet to see if your body responds. It is a health bland diet. It will do no harm and you would take a proactive approach in evaluating your condition. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/28/09  9:09pm
" I forgot tomention my cycle changed and is liht and lasts only a day or 2. Did you have abdominal or pain under ribs. My pain ismore urethral also and burning,frewuent urinaion. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/29/09  1:52pm
" Hi Tracey, Sorry to hear you're going through all this. I've been there. For years I went to different doctors trying to figure out what was wrong. It seemed like they mentioned IC every time but kept looking/finding other problems. Ovarian Cysts, IBS, colon issues...I went to one doctor several years ago with a print out of the human body and I had colored in all of the areas I was having pain. My urologist at the time actually said the words "stomach cancer" Thankfully this wasn't the case. There are several other medical issues that go along with IC and it can distract you/your doctors from the real issue. Just keep in mind, and remind your doctors, that the medication for IC, Elmiron, can take several months to start working so it's best to get started as soon as possible.
As for your cycle, when I was dealing with ovarian cysts (I'm on the pill now to shrink and prevent them) my cycle was unpredictable. If I even had a period that month there was no telling how it would behave. I'm pretty sure it is just going to go hand in hand with the cysts. But the cysts, once under control, aren't even noticeable anymore.
Again, I'm sorry your going through all this and I hope that you get all the answers you need very soon! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/30/09  1:39pm
" Thanks Krystal, I need to focus on one thing. I want to try elmiron, has it worked for you? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/31/09  1:25am
" Yes Elmiron has been helpful for me, it's is definitely worth trying. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/05/09  9:43am
" Call me 4408320902 "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/05/09  3:31pm
" Yes,sorry... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web