How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear

Infidelity Information

• Infidelity is generally defined as consensual sexual intercourse by a married person with someone other than his or her lawful spouse. In many jurisdictions, an unmarried person who is sexually involved with a married person is also considered an adulterer. The common synonym for infidelity is adultery, as well as unfaithfulness or in colloquial speech, cheating. It was also known in earlier times by the legalistic term "alienation of affection." ...
  • Infidelity is not an occurrence restricted to married couples, however. Any relationship in which one partner engages willfully in sexual relations with another outside of the partnership is considered to have experienced infidelity. This breach of trust is often traumatizing for the faithful partner as well as the relationship, and support is often needed to heal emotionally and to decide whether or not the relationship should continue after the transgression.

Health Blogs

When I see a couple in my office because of an affair that has threatened to end the relationship the subject of the “other person” is often front and center. I have heard every negative description used to describe the person with whom the affair was had. When it is the man who cheats, the other woman often become the target of much ... Read More »
It is a whole new world out there. When I first started my practice, clients would come in with suspicions, maybe hotel or restaurant receipts and on the rare occasion, a photo taken by some type of sleuth. This is how affairs came to light in the old days if the person engaging in the affair didn’t own up to it outright. Enter social media, ... Read More »
I’ve recently written a number of posts about STD’s and their potential subsequent effect on fertility; due to pelvic inflammatory disease, adhesions, etc. and how that can in turn, increase the likely hood of an ectopic pregnancy. I also discussed the possible treatments for an ectopic pregnancy (administering the drug methotrexate vs. ... Read More »

Member Photos

Advertisement

Latest Activity