Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Will he cheat again?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi, first of all Im sorry all of you are here because that means you are in the same situation as me and you must be hurting. I found out 3 weeks ago that h had a one night thing with an ex girlfriend after talking to her and being sexual with her online. He says and really seems like he learned his lesson...she also got pregnant from that one time :0...
It seems like everyones husbands that want to keep their marriage act and say the same things to their spouses....how they have changed, they will never do it again, it was the worse mistake of their lives. Im just wondering if you think that person will really change. I know we all hope so but what is the percentage of people that really learn and keep their word for life after something like this?? The thing is...it was nothing in our marriage. He says it was him being a jerk and choosing to be selfish and not that he wasnt happy with his marriage or anything. Im just really wondering if this will happen again.
Posted on 10/09/08, 11:30 pm
19 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Infidelity. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/09/08  11:36pm
" Well, statistics say ( blah blah blah) that only 15-20 percent will cheat again.

I didn't want to be a statistic, so I left. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/10/08  4:14am
" Sorry but chances are he will cheat again. Once they know they can get away with it the tempation is all the greater!! take a look around here at how many people have given thir significant others chance after chance after chance. It's very sad : ( "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/10/08  12:12pm
" It has been almost 2 years since I found out about my h afair and I am not God to say he wont do it again but I did take my DD and a left and I think it was harder for him to realize that we where gone because of something stupid that he did I know it hurt him so bad all he did was cry and he saw how much he hurt me so I went back to try and make it work because I believe you fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me I believe people can change if they really want to. Since I went back we have been stronger then ever he comes start home from work and when he needs to go somewhere we all go and we had another baby but it does NOT garentee that things will be this way 10 years or a year from now but I felt like I had to give him the benefit of the doubt that he would change for his family and thus far he has. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/10/08  2:58pm
" There is really no way of knowing if it will happen again. It certainly could. I think if real change occurs chances are better that it won't happen again. The thing to NOT let happen is sweeping it under the rug. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/10/08  3:44pm
" If there is one thing I have learned in this, it is that no one is immune to an affair. It can happen to anyone, for any reason. Good people have affairs and bad people have affairs. Of course, if someone has done it in the past, it makes you KNOW they are capable of it. If you begin a new relationship, there is a chance it could happen, the same as if you try again with your H. He is being honest and forthright (confessing that he was being a jerk and chosing to be selfish, he is being accountable). You are taking a risk either way but you are REALLY taking a risk if the person who cheated on you will not take responsiblity for his/her actions. Your H cares and wants to work this through. You know him better than anyone else does. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/10/08  5:48pm
" Only you and your spouse can truly answer that. But, then again, it's very hard to believe someone who has cheated and lied to you. I think that's where faith comes in. You have to have faith that when they tell you it will never happen again they mean it. Time will tell. Trust your instinks. Bell's and whistles will be going off. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/04/08  3:46pm
" Yes darling it will...what consequences did he suffer in order to learn from his mistake? If the answer is you got mad for a minute, you bitched for a few weeks, held off on the sex...and then all of a sudden things were back to normal....then yep...you may as well keep your eyes open...... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/04/08  3:50pm
" this comment is for Savannah....I am glad things are better for you and I hope and pray your man stays on the straight and narrow....But I also must say...who wants to live like that..you know him having to come STRAIGHT home as if he can't be trusted to be off on his own or the whole family having to tag along to keep a watchful eye...uuuuuh uuuhhhhhhh that's just another problem in my opinion...it's more like If I am up under him every second he CAN"T do anything...not the same as him knowing what he did was absolutely UNACCEPTABLE and he is remorseful and just won't do it again...you understand? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/04/08  3:53pm
" My H has made real tangible changes and so have I. We both learned some very serious lessons and we will never be that vulnerable again. I don't believe he will do it again. He knows that if he does there won't be any second chances. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/04/08  5:46pm
" My experience has been yes yes yes yes........ I don't even wonder has been confirmed to many times. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web