Getting text message transcripts
Does anyone know if it;s possible to get the transcripts for deleted text msgs from the cell phone company?is there anyway they could give such information in any situation?
Posted on 05/03/09, 06:55 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Infidelity. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 05/03/09  8:47am
" have you tried to sign up with the cell phone provider's web site? you will need to know the cell number. once there you can get an itemized list of all calls incoming and outgoing..if you find the number you are suspicious about you might be able to get more information from there. good luck. "
Reply #2 - 05/03/09  8:51am
" As far as I know, over here, the maximum we can get are the phone numbers to which the texts were sent.. If its a police case or something, the transcripts for the last 2 weeks or so could be released.. But it all depends on the service providers and how long they store the text messages in their servers.. "
Reply #3 - 05/03/09  11:09pm
" Most cell phone providers that I am aware of in my area will not give any information over to anyone without a court order. It invades the account holder's right to privacy. Even the police cannot access cell phone records without a court order.

Some have instituted a newer policy of requiring account owners to register a password with them when they sign the contract for their cellular service. The password is for setting up an online account regarding their cellular service account. If this is an older cellular contract, and you have the person's cell number and SSN, you can set up an online account and password - provided they don't already have one. I was able to do this with my wife's phone a few years ago. The password I chose for her was SLUT. And of course, she knew nothing about it. It was all done online, using my email address, and as far as Verizon knew, she had created the online account.

If you can do that, you can get listings for all of the cellular activity, including incoming and outgoing numbers, and the durations, but I don't think they keep a record of actual content of text messages - they only track the size of the message for billing purposes. However, if you can find someone who knows how to do it, I believe there is a way to retrieve the actual texts from the phone itself, even if they have been erased.

And, of course, even if you managed to do this, none of it would be admissible as evidence in court. You would only be proving things to yourself. In my case, it was enough for me to realize I wasn't crazy, and get an idea of who the guy was (that time) but it was a long way from KNOWING anything. "
Reply #4 - 05/04/09  1:06am
" google sim card reader (((hugs))) "
Reply #5 - 05/04/09  8:33am
" I don't know about text messages, but during the Discovery phase of my litigated divorce, my attorney subpoenaed Verizon for detailed call activity on my stbx's cell phone account. It wasn't rocket science to look at those records and see exactly how much back and forth was going on between him and the OW before he ran away from home. Very damning evidence, I might add. "
Reply #6 - 05/04/09  11:14am
" not all phones use SIM cards - Verizon, for example, does not, they use CDMA. AT&T does use SIM cards, I think Sprint does too. "
Reply #7 - 05/04/09  12:21pm
" I hope I am not being rude or offensive.. I apologize If I am..

What MorgiesDad said is absolutely right.. I am only going to slightly elaborate on it..

The reason CDMA phones do not have SIM cards is because of the country laws.. Like, I have a CDMA phone and it works using a SIM card.. But in USA, CDMA phones have proprietary handsets by the service providers.. Hence, they do not require a SIM card.. If you want to change the service provider, as far as i know, you will need to buy a new handset..

For CDMA phones, sim cards are called as R-UIM (Re-Useable Identification Module)..

There are various spy software for cell phones too.. If someone is using a cellphone that runs Symbian Series 60 operating system, then there are various softwares to retrieve or "break open" the phone.. OR at least monitor the messages sent/received after the installation.. It could be illegal though.. You have to refer to the national, legal laws..

The operating system info can be found on the outside of the box or in the manual and the website..

Anything you need, you can google it.. including step-by-step procedures and YouTube videos on how to use it.. "
Reply #8 - 05/04/09  12:35pm
" Thanks raj - that's a great explanation. The only other thing I would stress (again) is that without a court order, anything you find will not be able to be used as evidence in court, unless your name is also on the cellular account. So keep that in mind if you are considering investing any money in doing something like this. "
Reply #9 - 05/04/09  12:36pm
" Thanks MorgiesDad.. :)) "
Reply #10 - 05/12/09  7:46pm
" I bought a SIM card reader and it is a fraud. What has to happen is that the person has to have his phone preprogrammed not to delete the messages from the SIM card. So, if you do like I did, spent 100+ for a sim card reader without my stbx having preprogrammed he SIM card, you get nothing, nothing...of the 400+ text messages between my stbx and the OW...in only two months. I was sooooo anxious to get the content of the messages,,,but alas,,,,it will stay between the both of them. Well, may it stay in their concious. "