How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear

Infertility Information

Infertility is the inability to naturally conceive a child or the inability to carry a pregnancy to term. There are many reasons why a couple may not be able to conceive, or may not be able to conceive without medical assistance.

Healthy couples in their mid-20s having regular sex have a one-in-four chance of getting pregnant in any given month. This is called "Fecundity." No one gender is responsible for infertility, as there are factors for both female and male infertility that may contribute to problems with conceiving.

View Top Infertility Answers at sharecare.com

Health Blogs

I counsel my patients that a fertility workup should be performed on a couple after they have been trying to become pregnant for 1 year without success. If a woman is greater than 35 years old, I then tell her and
There are a number of treatments available for someone with unexplained infertility. They can be very conservative using oral medications, can involve inseminations or can progress to the use of in vitro fertilization (IVF).
One of the main advantages of vasectomy -- that it is relatively permanent -- can also be a disadvantage if a man later decides he wants to father children. Reversing a vasectomy is possible, but it is a difficult and expensive operation with no guarantee of success.

Member Photos

Advertisement

Community Advisors
Lee Trask
Infertility Blogger
Julie Hanks, LCSW
Licensed Psychotherapist

Latest Activity