Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: IVF Basics
Discussion:
Lovenox
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I start Lovenox tonight for the first time. I have been on baby asprin for a year now, for a blood clotting issue. I got my BFP 11/4 and was told at todays visit to start the Lovenox. I had been expecting tha if I ever got my BFP this would happen. What I hadn't been expecting was the cost! We have no prescription insurance coverage, so the $514 for a 14 day suply is all out of pocket. That wouldn't be so bad if it were a one off prescription, but I am going to have to take it for the duration of my PG! Thats over a $1,000 a month for hopefully 8 months. The woman at the check out sugested we contact the drug company to see if they could help us, so I'm going to check into that on Monday. If anyone else has any good ideas please let me Know! Thanks Lisa
Posted on 11/06/09, 08:34 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Infertility. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/07/09  6:28am
" That boggles my mind.....what about Heparin instead? Why Lovenox? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/07/09  8:19am
" Dr said Lovenox is safer and needs less monitoring, but I should ask if Heprin would be cheeper as it might be worth doing! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/07/09  5:01pm
" Heparin is a lot cheaper at about $300 per month. Only difference is you have to give yourself 2 shots a day. Also you will have to have extra u/s but that should be covered by your insurance and you get to see your little one(s) more often.

Congrats. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web